Front mount snowblower / Loader Interchangeable???

/ Front mount snowblower / Loader Interchangeable??? #1  

Apollo

Bronze Member
Tractor
2004 BX 1500
I just had my tractor picked up today to have the front mount snowblower and the loader installed.

I was wondering when the snowblower is on in winter if I blow out the driveway can i then drop the blower and attach the FEL to scrape the rest without having to take off the blower quick hitch???????

Its the BX1500 if anyone has any idea.............Thanks

/ Front mount snowblower / Loader Interchangeable??? #2  
I would think that a back blade with the snowblower would be your easiest route, although I don't know exactly how easy it is to change from the loader to the blower.
/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Front mount snowblower / Loader Interchangeable??? #3  
I was thinking this same question yesterday as I was doing loader work. After analyzing the situation, I believe that there is nothing that will cause any problems in doing this. With the blower, I doubt that you will have occasion to use the bucket unless you have to move something with it. The snowblower should clean up enough of the snow that you shouldn't need to scrape any lower if you have a paved drive. If you are on gravel, then watch out for rocks while snow throwing and keep the skids on.

/ Front mount snowblower / Loader Interchangeable??? #4  
Apollo:
I have not used both with my 2200 but if the occassion arises I'll let you know. My inclination is that the mount for the blower/front blade will interfere with the FEL's clearance .

As Mr. Junkman said, with the blower you will probably never need the FEL. The blower will go thru whatever you aim it at....speaking of that, be careful where you aim that chute or you might have to explain to your wife that the neighbor kids must have thrown a stone at her car.....

/ Front mount snowblower / Loader Interchangeable??? #5  
I have a BX2200 and you can drop the blower and leave the quick hitch on- that's not really the issue.
You have to switch hydraulic lines- not really an issue either, but if you have the 4 way loader valve, that portion remains with your tractor on the subframe. This means you really need to remove it and mount it to the FEL with the 2 pins and then commence a normal mounting of a loader. You really won't want to make that switch more than a couple of times a year!!!!