Front Mount Snowblowers

/ Front Mount Snowblowers #21  
I'm beginning to see that if all the quick-hitch and snowblowers come from Rad Tech, (oh, they also mfg a sweeper, which this new-to-me unit has..) then I'm possibly open to be able to use any (KB, JD, MF, Kioti?) front-mount snowblowers. I suppose a call to them would help sort that out, if they offer answers...

having the right mid-pto-to-front mount hardware already, will hopefully enhance my options.
So, you already have a front quick connect? If so, post a picture of the quick connect. I suspect that you can use any brand front mount snowblower made by RAD (no matter the paint color).
With a tractor that size, you should be fine with a 5' (60") snowblower.

Aaron Z

/ Front Mount Snowblowers #22  
So, you already have a front quick connect? If so, post a picture of the quick connect. I suspect that you can use any brand front mount snowblower made by RAD (no matter the paint color).
With a tractor that size, you should be fine with a 5' (60") snowblower.

Aaron Z

Alright, the pic I have is not the best, seeing as I just made the deal for this and only have some pics until I can go and pick this up. Here it is (assuming I can attach/upload the image..)
Sweeper:hitch.jpg
Regardless, glad to get tentatively reinforced on my *theory* that the quick hitch for this sweeper (likely also made by Rad..) will speed my way to a snowblower of some color. Front of this hitch has a hydraulic cyl. I believe (from another pic, but small..)

/ Front Mount Snowblowers #23  
I read another thread on this forum about the quick hitch and I'm ever-more convinced that the hitch is the same one needed for a snowblower.

I wonder how many front-mount snow blowers are floating around without the quick hitch? Or the price of a 2360/equiv. without the quick hitch?

Also, what mounting differences b/w these front-mount and the rear mount snow blowers?

/ Front Mount Snowblowers #24  
I read another thread on this forum about the quick hitch and I'm ever-more convinced that the hitch is the same one needed for a snowblower.

I wonder how many front-mount snow blowers are floating around without the quick hitch? Or the price of a 2360/equiv. without the quick hitch?

There is a fair number, most that I have seen are between $1500 and $3000, but there are older ones that will pop up for $500-1000 on occasion. The cheaper ones go quick though.
Also, what mounting differences b/w these front-mount and the rear mount snow blowers?
Front blowers will have a tapered tongue that sticks out (the black part on your picture) and into a pocket on the blower. They will also have a 2 part PTO shaft to provide power, one half will stay connected to the tractor side of the hitch and the other stays connected to the blower.

A rear blower has a 3 point hitch and a two-part PTO shaft that stays with the blower and connects to the rear PTO stub on the back of the tractor.

Aaron Z