Front mounted brush mower

/ Front mounted brush mower #1  

BAGTIC

Silver Member
Does anyone know of a brush mower than can be front mounted via QA?

Of, course it would need to be hydraulic powered.

Because of cervical arthritis I have problems with rear attached implements as I had difficulty observing them except via rear view mirror.

/ Front mounted brush mower #2  
What'$ your tractor and what'$ our spending limit ?

/ Front mounted brush mower #3  
I have seen them on a skid steer QA but the hydraulic flow is going to be higher than what comes off a normal tractor pump. I think. I guess a PTO pump would do it but starts to defeat the purpose of easy to change. And the rear PTO pump would need tank and filters as well.

/ Front mounted brush mower #5  
BAGTIC said:
Does anyone know of a brush mower than can be front mounted via QA?

Of, course it would need to be hydraulic powered.

Because of cervical arthritis I have problems with rear attached implements as I had difficulty observing them except via rear view mirror.
Here's 3 from google (hydraulic rotary brush mower). Looks like it'll take some pump capacity and cash.

Skid Steer Attachments - Erskine Attachments, Inc.
Skid Steer Direct Drive 5' Rotary Cutter
eBay: Brush Wolf 48" Skidsteer Skid Steer Rotary Mower (item 320116820530 end time Jul-20-07 07:40:27 PDT)

/ Front mounted brush mower #6  
They actually make tractors that are rear ward facing. The seat and all controls face rearward and it is steered like a forklift. This would solve all your attachment problems.

/ Front mounted brush mower #7  
I've seen a front mounted mower on an big Deutz tractor in Europe so they do exist. However, the most practical solution this side of the pond seems to be the PowerTrac tractors which have front mounted hydraulically driven brush and finish mowers. The PT425 is a gas powered version and larger diesel powered PTs are also available.