Front receiver hitch on F-150

/ Front receiver hitch on F-150 #11  
P.S. I would avoid welding to the frame if possible.

To do this right, it would probably be worth the trouble to remove the bumper or at least the plastic parts.

TMGT, I too would like to see pictures and or comments about my ideas.

/ Front receiver hitch on F-150 #12  
Sodo,
I'd check into getting the side license plate mount for the Ecoboost models, either new or from a salvage yard. That would give you the full center opening to work with.

/ Front receiver hitch on F-150 #13  
ForumRunner_20150731_140118.png

ForumRunner_20150731_140228.png

ForumRunner_20150731_140304.png

Sorry they are upside down, have to work off my phone right now. It bolts in using existing holes and doesn't require the removal of the bumper. For the license plate holder I just made a simple plate that pinned into the receiver when not in use. The guy I built this for uses it to mount a large cooler and fishing gear.

/ Front receiver hitch on F-150 #15  
Pictures aren't showing up for me, might need to just email them to you.

/ Front receiver hitch on F-150 #17  
TMGT, nice job. What are the two large holes on the pictures? (Not the ones that bolt to where the tow hooks go). Are they for an additional mounting point / bolts?

/ Front receiver hitch on F-150 #18  
I put a pair of front receivers on an F250 4x4 years ago - think I mentioned that when you were looking at lumber racks -

A buddy of mine was gonna build a house, he found a 36 foot trailer house for a good price, paid for it, but didn't realize it had been set in place BEFORE the bridge across a 20 foot deep creek had been finished (they added a guard rail) -

Wouldn't have been a problem, but at one end of that bridge, the road did a 90* turn - near side of the turn was a 20 foot drop, far side was about a 10 foot BANK :confused:

My buddy was cryin' about it one day, and it dawned on me there might be a way - told him my idea (I'd never seen one before, so I'm claimin' it :D)

He said he'd pay for putting it on my 4x4 if it worked - it did, and HE did :thumbsup:

I put DUAL receivers on mine, for just some of the reasons already brought up - lined them up with the frame rails, found some un-used holes, bolted heavy angle to frame and welded receivers to the angle - there was a small fascia piece between the bumper guards, the receivers just cleared them.

The amount of control using a front hitch is so incredible, I doubt I'd ever be without one again - by having them on BOTH sides, you can pick which side of a load you need to see better, and use the appropriate receiver.

Back when we were still messing with horses, we'd just picked up a 36 foot trailer load of hay, the center aisle of the barn was at right angles to the driveway (downhill a bit, 90* turn with about 6 feet to spare) - we got home just as it started to rain :eek:

Disconnected the trailer, turned truck around, hooked up front hitch, pushed about 10 ton of hay and trailer down the drive, jack-knifed the trailer and into the barn, dead centered in one try. Almost took surgery to wipe the grin off my face...

Can ya tell I'm a fan of yer plan??!? :D Steve

/ Front receiver hitch on F-150 #19  
TMGT, nice job. What are the two large holes on the pictures? (Not the ones that bolt to where the tow hooks go). Are they for an additional mounting point / bolts?

Yes the larger holes are extra mounts, I believe they tied into two of the bumper mounts. They are oversized to allow for alignment, I'll try to look for my drawing/ notes on it tonight or tomorrow.

/ Front receiver hitch on F-150
I put a pair of front receivers on an F250 4x4 years ago - think I mentioned that when you were looking at lumber racks ,,,,,,,,,,, Can ya tell I'm a fan of yer plan??!? :D Steve

I'm a fan of folks who would need surgery to wipe a grin off their face!

My offset will be about 8 inches. Do you think it's useful to have 2 receivers, only 16" apart?