Front snowblower for Kubota BX2670... what are the options?

/ Front snowblower for Kubota BX2670... what are the options? #1  

gogojuice

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota
Sorry if this has been answered.. but I checked the search and couldn't find out what I was looking for.

Title says it all.. I know there is the the bx5450.. but is there any other option available?

Thanks in advance.

/ Front snowblower for Kubota BX2670... what are the options? #2  
You may get an answer here but I’d also throw this in the Kubota Owner/Operator section.

/ Front snowblower for Kubota BX2670... what are the options? #3  
Since your in Canada you should consider a Reist single stage front mount for your kubota mule as you can use american dollars to purchase it and save money. It will cost you less money after the exchange.

/ Front snowblower for Kubota BX2670... what are the options? #4  
Goog,
I have the 5450 and it’s the Bomb!! Every time I engage the PTO I say Holy Sh*T!!! Spend the money!
The attachment is brilliant!

PM me if you wants pics or vids!

Cheers
BN

/ Front snowblower for Kubota BX2670... what are the options? #5  
A bit OT

But can you tell me the lift cylinder diameter and stroke length for the 5450 blower?

I'm fitting 2546 blower to a B7200 and purchased a 3X 4.5 inch stroke cylinder to do the lifting. (It was cheap)

I'm getting set to weld on the pivot pin brackets to the mounting sub frame, and could use some "feel good" about the stroke length.

Mounting will be similar to the attached picture.

I plan on about an inch of extension below grade to allow the float function to follow the ups and downs.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 465
   / Front snowblower for Kubota BX2670... what are the options?
OK.. a bit confused.. Spoke to the local dealer via phone. I asked about a snowblower for my BX2670. I asked about the bx5450 and he said they don't sell that model.

The only model they sell for the 2670 is BX2750D which he described as a residential unit, and a commercial model BX2755HD. When both get hydraulics the price difference is about $900 more for the HD.

Does this sound right? No 5450? I'm not well versed in snowblowers :( Time to start reading.

/ Front snowblower for Kubota BX2670... what are the options? #7  
If your dead set on a front mount you should look at the Riest Series 1000 single stage front mount snow thrower with the mounting kit as it will do all you want and more.

A ready to work Riest Series 1000 single stage rear mount with manual chute control will cost you about $4,000 loonies plus tax.

If you have a friend here in the states you could have him buy it hint, hint and save a bunch of loonies.

/ Front snowblower for Kubota BX2670... what are the options?
Thanks for the suggestion leonz. I'm not 100% sure I understand how buying it from the states would save me money, taken the conversion rate and customery bank fee added?

For about 4000 I can get the 2750, and 5000 for the 2755 HD.

/ Front snowblower for Kubota BX2670... what are the options? #9  
Keep it out of the papers, have your friend buy it in Canada, pay for it with US green backs and have him visit your house with it.

/ Front snowblower for Kubota BX2670... what are the options? #10  
I would also suggest checking with your local dealership about MK Martin blowers. I have seen them on compact tractors and they hold up well.