Chains Front tire chains

/ Front tire chains #11  
I put front chains on two weeks ago and the traction is much improved. Already had rear chains and R1's but on side slopes when backblading the snow, the front tires wouldn't bite enough to pull the front end up the incline. They do now. $125 for ladder links cross chain every two links. Well worth it and I don't buy the added stress issue. On snow even with chains there will be some slip but I AM careful NOT to have the wheels turned "lock to lock" when pulling a heavy load. If you're going straight the differential doesn't come into play as much and it just chsugs along.

Re driveway marking - You shouldn't be slipping your tires too much, if you are you're trying to go to fast and stressing the **** out of anything. I pull a 7 foot blade and in 5th gear I can plow up hill without spining or marking the driveway.

/ Front tire chains #12  
Chains on the front are not gonna hurt this big fella.......or his little friend.:D

Attachments

• Porsche run 2006 002.jpg
    Porsche run 2006 002.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 150
  • Porsche run 2006 006.jpg
    Porsche run 2006 006.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 136
   / Front tire chains #13  
You still may want to think about putting chains on the front, Dead Horse call Chappells and BB Chain and see what they say. I cannot remember ever seing front chains on any powered front axels of any peices of equipment other than homeowner little stuff. Only on articulated loaders. I wouldn't want my machines front axels to start leaking. My chains on L48s and loaded rears work great, night and day without. Let us all know how it works out.

/ Front tire chains #14  
We've on our 3rd pair of chains on the front tires with the B 1750. Most of the time we're doing logging or excavating in a heavy loam soil. They stay on year around ...only time they go on the hardball is very occasionally when plowing snow in the winter...and that can be a problem but it's easily avoided if you don't turn sharp.

1st couple of years only had chains on the rear...it's like a totally different tractor with front chains...esp so if you work it dragging logs, loading fill or light excavating.

btw we have turf tires and have used chains on all 4's for 10+ years. Our situation requires turf tires and that's that.

If you're thinking about it I advise keeping extra monkey links and extra heavy duty rubber straps that tighten the chains. The tighter they are ... the sweeter.

/ Front tire chains #15  
We've on our 3rd pair of chains on the front tires with the B 1750. Most of the time we're doing logging or excavating in a heavy loam soil. They stay on year around ...only time they go on the hardball is very occasionally when plowing snow in the winter...and that can be a problem but it's easily avoided if you don't turn sharp.

1st couple of years only had chains on the rear...it's like a totally different tractor with front chains...esp so if you work it dragging logs, loading fill or light excavating.

btw we have turf tires and have used chains on all 4's for 10+ years. Our situation requires turf tires and that's that.

If you're thinking about it I advise keeping extra monkey links and extra heavy duty rubber straps that tighten the chains. The tighter they are ... the sweeter.

Agreed on making them tight, strong rubber bungies work ok, the best approach is to fit them tight to a tire down on air and then inflate. I have been using chains for 8 years now on both Tractors. No problems except I am going to need some new cross chains in the next season or so.

My Kubota has prox 2,200 hours on it, all seat time by me and my hand. It would be hopless snow plowing up hill or down without chains. Tried them on the back, they don't work any near as well as a set on the front does.

Now if'n you are a rich man, you can afford a set both front and back....... Me, I am happy with what I have working for me......

BTW, I bought my first set at chapples.......... whay too **** expensive!!!!!!!!!! second set for the Big Tractor I got from NAPA....... same price, three times the tire!!!!!!!! with chains you don't need all that much, and "fancy" don't mean squat in my application.

/ Front tire chains #16  
Hello all, I need your help if possible, I am compiling a website dedicaated to tractor videos, to date I have gathered 356 unique agricultural tractor brands and I hope to record every tractor make and model ever made. In particular I am looking for images and vodeoss of rare vintage tractors, such as Farmhall, McCormick International or Minneapolis-Moline. I can be contacted at the following email address admin (at) youtractor.com. Any content you provide will remain your property and you will be credited with it.

I look forward to hearing from you

Patrick Malloney
| YouTractor.com - Welcome

/ Front tire chains #17  
Dead Horse, did you mean tires or chains?? Both are different, and metal is metal. NAPA is NAPA and Tractor Supply Stores are just as cheap...in quality. Any contactor knows the difference. I personally wouldn't trust cheap stuff on my equipment, especially their oils, chains, or tires. They are what they are, not OEM stuff. Say what you want, but NAPA chains.....are NAPA chains. Did I hear 2,200hrs of hours and only with front chains>? jees the paint is still in your bucket.......and have you ever used rear chains??? Must live in Amherst, hah!!!! BTW, that is not a Kubota in the rear, and those skins look way too new for the front, and front chains. Drop me a note and I'll come over with some of my stuff and compare. A front to rear showdown and we can compare the results.

/ Front tire chains #18  
I was referring to the set of chains I bought for the big fella next to the 3710. They cost me the same price as the chains I bought for the 3710.

Re your rant about oil and such, the only engine oil my guys see is Delvac. I go with kubota filters all around because you cannot get them aftermarket.

Yes 2200 hours. front chains only in the winter for snow removal, (on Ags). Nope, no paint left in the bucket, least not much, in either of them.

The big guy is a Heston 90 100 DT, BTW.

Attachments

• Kabota plow rigged.jpg
    Kabota plow rigged.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 127
  • Porsche run 2006 010.jpg
    Porsche run 2006 010.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 118
  • plowing2.jpg
    plowing2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 119
   / Front tire chains #19  
Nice mowing setup! Nice front chains too, beefier than what I hought NAPA could provide. A man with 2 machines like that should be a happy man.

/ Front tire chains #20  
Nice mowing setup! Nice front chains too, beefier than what I hought NAPA could provide. A man with 2 machines like that should be a happy man.

Here is a picky of the chains (NAPA) on the 100 90. And yeah, I am a very happy guy.

:D

Attachments

• March 2008 017.jpg
    March 2008 017.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 121