Front Tire Popped Off Bead

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #11  
Just borrow your neighbors bead blaster.
Many of the new approved "ethers" are not volitile enough to work reliably.

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #12  
Mr. Fankenbota, I've got your same tractor size, and rolled my left front tire off also.

3 inch ratchet strap worked for me.

But just to be prepared...

Ya'll who are actually "blowing up" your tires...what are the detailed steps?

I did it with a mud tire when I was stuck in a swamp. I think it was a 44" tire.

Try to take as much weight off the tire as you can. Spray in the Starting Fluid light a piece of (something, paper, stick, whatever) toss it at the tire where it's busted and, most importantly, run. Or at least make sure your back is turned. It makes quite a little 'pop'.

I don't recommend it. Don't use too much spray. You can always use more but if you start out with too much..... It really does explode.

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #13  
Mine recently did that. It was an adventure.
9A53911A-306D-40D9-AC5E-7D753FB9DE6A.jpeg

1260F523-1C62-4A8A-A387-25D7C1042F96.jpeg

It took me this many ratchet straps, and I still had to remove the valve stem at first.
80B5F2F0-86D7-4704-97C1-EA44B37CCB03.jpeg

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #14  
I've used ether exactly twice (and won't be doing it again).
The first time I jacked up the tractor, used small amounts of ether until I got the desired effect. I also wore gloves, helmet, and faceshield. Worked like a charm.
The second time was on a zero turn tire. Being now an expert, I sprayed enough ether on the first shot, didn't wear any safety gear, and got some serious burns on my thumb and hand. I still think back on that incident... What was I thinking? Not much apparently.

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #15  
remove the core in the valve stem. airline quick connect directly on the stem (no chuck). max pressure from fully charged compressor. ratchet straps like above with tire seated (close to seated) in stem area. once you seat, loosen the ratchet straps, new core, use air chuck to bring to right pressure. Helps if the airline is as big as you got ... no 1/4 inch. 3/8 minimum 1/2 inch better.

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #16  
   / Front Tire Popped Off Bead #17  
When this happened to me, I didn't have a ratchet strap. I just wrapped a couple turns of rope around it, inserted a tire iron, and twisted it to tighten the tire enough to hold it against the bead. It works very well.

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #18  
Had it happen as well, the front right tire. It was winter and too cold to mess with so the local tire guy did it. He told me to put a tube in it (but didn't have one in stock). Well I should have because that tire always seemed to leak just a little bit of air and a few years later off it came again. I thought since it was less than a month since I topped off the air I would be all set but nope. Now it has a tube and hasn't given me any problems in 7 years. The front left is air tight.

I think either the tire bead is slightly larger than normal or the wheel is slightly smaller on the front right. The problem isn't leaking air but the tire slightly slipping on the rim. As it slips it also looses air. Since the wheels do have a bead like a car wheel will have it doesn't take much for the bead to slip off rim.

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #19  
Jack it up make sure the seats are clean and use the ether. Way easier than the alternative.
That method works very well indeed. Spray some in opening between tire and rim. I spray some fluid on a stick. Light it and put near the tire and boom it is on there. Check pressure and usually back it off.

/ Front Tire Popped Off Bead #20