Front Tire Rupture

/ Front Tire Rupture #1  

MrFixit

Silver Member
Tractor
KAMA 354C
My KAMA 354C had one front tire rupture on the sidewall. I drive through some rough stuff and something may have ripped it but I suspect it was a combination of too much weight and too much air as I see no major external marks, just a 1" long rip. The other side still has 35 PSI and I have no idea what the ruptured side had, maybe a lot more.

I need a new tire and would like to find something close to the same dimentions. The tire is a LU HE 6.50 - 16 8 Ply. Has anybody found a local tire that is a suitabe replacement?

Thanks,

Tim

/ Front Tire Rupture #2  
Sorry I can't help you with a replacement source, but wanted to offer some advice if it hadn't occurred to you. Do not replace with any size other than original, or you're going to chance upsetting the front/rear rolling ratio. Since there are no center differentials in these tractors, in incorrect rolling ratio soon result in internal damage; most likely front axle/differential and/or transfer case.

Oh, and I think 28 front/16 rear may be closer to what the manufacturer suggests for tire PSI.

//greg//

/ Front Tire Rupture #3  
Try Nebraska Tire. I just bought tires for my Ford They also sell blems, but are still good tires at a reasonable price. bjr

/ Front Tire Rupture #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The tire is a LU HE 6.50 - 16 8 Ply. )</font>

I emailed your question to miller tire co... they replied with:

<font color="blue">Hello-
We only have 6 ply and they are $96 each.
Plus UPS shipping charges. We can quote the
shipping if you provide an address.

Ed Miller
</font>

Nice people.. some o fthe better deals on tires i'v seen on the internet.

Miller tire

Hope this helps

Soundguy

/ Front Tire Rupture #5  
Each to his own, but don't think I'd want a 6 ply underneath my FEL

//greg//

/ Front Tire Rupture
Sorry for the typo, yes the tire is 6.50-16 8 PR.

Thanks for checking Soundguy. I agree Greg, I should have a hefty sidewall, I think I may have been too rough on the 8 PR wit a 600 lb grapple stuffed with logs!

Tim

/ Front Tire Rupture #8  
Once you locate a tire give us an update as to where you got it. I got the 354C as well. It seems that particular tire for the front is an oddball for sure.

/ Front Tire Rupture #9  
Despite not wanting a 6 ply under the loader... I think you will be hard pressed to find that correct tire affordable. I hit most of my 'last ditch' tire sources.. and only one came back with a reply that they could get a similar tire.. I'm sure the correct tire is out there... just may have to root around a bit to find it.

Soundguy

/ Front Tire Rupture #10  
MrFixit said:
My KAMA 354C had one front tire rupture on the sidewall.

Any Luck on that tire yet? Can't the dealer get them?