Front tire slipped off rim

/ Front tire slipped off rim #11  
btw: Foam may be a one shot deal. Don't know what happens when a tire is toast anyway. New rim too? :confused: I like the adjustability of air, not the constant checking/topping but a fair trade for me. All my mower, small trailer, etc tires wear tubes because they seem to stay on better at the low pressures (7-12 lbs) that work best for 'em. :2cents:

Foam is not a one shot deal. After spending money and time on at least two tubes a year, I can tell you foam is awesome. The added traction is a bonus. I never adjusted my tractor tires and always ran them at the proper pressure anyway. "Once you go foam, you are always able to roam".

/ Front tire slipped off rim #12  
I had the same thing happen last week with my Bobcat Skid Loader. Popped a tube in and away I went. Cost $30.46 for a 12 x 16.5 tube installed. Hardest part was lifting the darn thing into the pickup bed; getting old.

/ Front tire slipped off rim #13  
Foam is not a one shot deal. After spending money and time on at least two tubes a year, I can tell you foam is awesome. The added traction is a bonus. I never adjusted my tractor tires and always ran them at the proper pressure anyway. "Once you go foam, you are always able to roam".

How does one find a foam dealer, and how is the weight compared to fluid?

/ Front tire slipped off rim #14  
That sounds like the comon skid steer size which I see on sale here for 120.00 or so every now and then.

/ Front tire slipped off rim #16  
How does one find a foam dealer, and how is the weight compared to fluid?

I just Called around and found one. The foam they used in mine is considerably heavier than fluid filled. I would almost not consider it a foam and more like a silicon. There should be charts on the Web showing how much weight per tire size it adds. There is still similar side wall flex as air, possibly a little stiffer. It is strange to pick up your tire from the dealer with installed roofing nails. They have it inject from multiple points around the tire. I still gasp every now and then when I see them until my brain realizes they are supposed to be there.

According to the posted link, looks like the OP ' S tire would gain 160 lbs with that particular foam.

Same chart shows 84 lbs for my 7-12 tires on my b7800. Sounds about right because I could barely lift them into my truck.

/ Front tire slipped off rim #17  
Dont look bad to me but id use a tube. you cant beat tubes in my opinion...there is alot of force sideways on these from wheels..but id first try to just mount it back up ..maybe some rim sealer.... nothing to loose.

/ Front tire slipped off rim #18  
Unless you need the weight or are in an area prone to flats I think I wouldn't bother with adding foam. The two quick fixes would be a tube, as you suggested or bead sealer. Bead sealer is a black rubbery paste that gets applied to the rim. It's kind of like fix a flat / slime but will dry to a rubber like compound. This is the stuff I use, works well when I don't want to install a tube in things like car/ truck tires that have some corrosion around the bead or valve stem.

Bs-228 - BlackJack Tire Repair

/ Front tire slipped off rim
IMG_0226.jpgIMG_0227.jpg
Pomp's Tire Service in Green Bay took care of repairing my tire. They identified a hole in the tread which they plugged and also installed a 10R/12R16.5 Tube ($20) to hopefully prevent further issues. The bead was not as bad as the first mechanic I had taken it to had indicated; they did apply bead sealer so the combination of tube and sealer should serve me well for hours on end. Thank you all for your comments, insight and options. Lesson learned. The next -15 degree day I may heed my wife's advice and stay inside stoking the fire waiting for the temps to rise a little bit before going out to play.

/ Front tire slipped off rim #20  
That's a good repair, it should work just fine.