Tires Front tires on Ford 3000 w/loader

/ Front tires on Ford 3000 w/loader #11  
i have a few loaders on similar sized tractors ( ford 850 with loaded rear tires and weights.. etc.. )

on one of my 850's I am running 16" truck tires on 16" implement rims. not the skinny 4.5" jobs though. fit fine on implement rims... no tubes needed unless your rims leak..

on my other 850 I am running multi rib tires on implement rims.

both hold the weight fine.. onbiously the wide truck tires make less print in the pasture.. though do steer a lil harder. I have ps on the one with truck tires.. no biggie..

Having a little problem with the 3 rib front tractor tires tearing up our lawn. I can minimize it by being extra careful when over the lawn but sometimes I get in a hurry and if the ground is the least bit damp it doesn't matter how careful I am. Thinking with the Loader and Box blade my 3000 must be close to 5000 pounds if not more.. Mostly use it for moving dirt, some digging, driveway maintenance and mowing.

What are the plusses and minuses of putting radial truck tires on the front. Heard this was a possibility... Any problem with fitting truck tires to the stock rims? Tubes or Tubeless?

/ Front tires on Ford 3000 w/loader #12  
My Dad bought a 3000 new in 74-75 and in came with duoble ribbed front tires instead of triple ribs. Don't know if they help or are still available.

/ Front tires on Ford 3000 w/loader #13  
multi ribs are better then doubles or triples for not marking land.

single and tripple are great for plowing..

/ Front tires on Ford 3000 w/loader #14  
What size 16” truck tire fits on the standard 16” ford rim? Want to try finding some used truck tires before buying implement rims and multi-rib tires.

/ Front tires on Ford 3000 w/loader #15  
What size 16” truck tire fits on the standard 16” ford rim? Want to try finding some used truck tires before buying implement rims and multi-rib tires.

The standard rims are usually either 4.5" or 5.5" x 16". That puts you looking for a 185 or 195 width tire, which may be hard to find in heavier ply ratings. If you go to a wider rim you can run 215 or 225 width tires. You can find truck or trailer tires in that width. Keep in mind that on a 2WD tractor you can run 15" rims, which will let you run a cheap trailer tire (those are usually 14 ply).

/ Front tires on Ford 3000 w/loader #16  
I'll have to look at mine, but I have the 5.5" rims. Junkyard 5-10$ tires have been all I used. Even a low ply 195 is way better than a tri rib with sidewall flex.

/ Front tires on Ford 3000 w/loader #17  
My wheels have 6.0-16 tire. Are my rims 6 inch wide or the tires are 6 inch. I just don’t want to spend $100 a peice on new multi rib tires on a tractor thats only going to be used occasionally unless I can find some wider cheap used implement wheels. My tri rib are in great shape but my yard is soft and sandy and they just tear the grass up.

/ Front tires on Ford 3000 w/loader #18  
There are plenty of rims that will fit that bolt pattern, even later ind model rims.

/ Front tires on Ford 3000 w/loader #19  
Unless my eyes device me. This thread started in 2005, was updated in 2013, and this year. It just keeps on going. :)

/ Front tires on Ford 3000 w/loader #20  
People read an old thread.. see something like truck tires on rims,a nd want to know what they can use. Pretty common occurance..