Ballast Front weights for 2630/3030

/ Front weights for 2630/3030 #1  

BCNU

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2630
Any using front weights on their 2630 or 3030 Kubota. I am going to being using a core aerator and took my front end loader off so the tractor would be more manuverable in tight quarters. My aerator weighs around 450 lbs and I added another 500 lbs on it in the weight tray. Now the front end will come off of the ground if I am not careful so I want to add weights to the front. Anyone know what the bracket and weights cost from a Kubota dealer ? Also how much weight should I add to the front to be safe? Owners manual says 275 lbs. max. Thanks in advance for any info.

/ Front weights for 2630/3030 #2  
Sorry I don't have any help for you,,, but WOW I would have thought you could add more than that!!! I'd think you would need more than that to accomplish what you are after?? Hmmm, I'm anxious to hear the results of this.

/ Front weights for 2630/3030 #3  
BCNU said:
Any using front weights on their 2630 or 3030 Kubota. I am going to being using a core aerator and took my front end loader off so the tractor would be more manuverable in tight quarters. My aerator weighs around 450 lbs and I added another 500 lbs on it in the weight tray. Now the front end will come off of the ground if I am not careful so I want to add weights to the front. Anyone know what the bracket and weights cost from a Kubota dealer ? Also how much weight should I add to the front to be safe? Owners manual says 275 lbs. max. Thanks in advance for any info.

Id have to go and look at my manual..but that dont make much sense??? The loader and bucket weigh a lot more than 275 pounds..? And the bucket sticks way out in front...adding more "leverage' ( i.e. weight) on the front end..???
I do remember it says to NOT "load" the front tires though..??

/ Front weights for 2630/3030
Sully2, thats what I thought also about the loader. The only thing I could figure was that the weight bracket would only hold that amount of weight.

/ Front weights for 2630/3030 #5  
You will be best off to leave the loader on to counter the aerator. If i put more than 600 lbs in the weight tray of my pl60, the front of my 3030 will raise easy if i dont have the fel on. If i max the weight tray, i put 300 lbs in the front bucket.

/ Front weights for 2630/3030 #6  
Count the bolt holes in your grille guard. This will determine how many weights you can install/carry. They come 55 lbs & 80 lbs. I have had both and perfer the 80 lbs. As an example the grille guard on a L3830 can carry 4 80 lbs weights. Be sure an bolt them down. As to cost they range from $40.00 to $75.00 - Dealer/Weight size.

/ Front weights for 2630/3030
Lawn king dosen't the loader get in your way around trees and fences and soforth? That is why I wanted to take mine off so it wouldn't be in the way. I may have to put it back on if 275 lbs is all the weight I can add to the front.

/ Front weights for 2630/3030 #8  
yes bcnu, the loader is a pain. the only other thing you can do is remove some tines. The pl60 has 96 tines, you could remove 1 or 2 from each gang wheel, this would give you the deep penetration wilth less weight. Your production rate (plugs per square foot) will drop off a little, but this may be a balance you can live with.

/ Front weights for 2630/3030 #9  
I just did my lawn with a 60" Core Aerator. It is fully loaded with 450 lbs of weight. Removed the bucket but not loader. This is enough counter weight for my B2910. I have the Kubota Quick Coupler to make it easy to remove bucket.

/ Front weights for 2630/3030 #10  
You should fertilize & overseed now, the ground is open and will really take up the minerals & elements as well as the water.