Ballast front weights on a BX

/ front weights on a BX #11  
<font color="blue"> "Wouldn't there be MORE stress on the axles if you put weight right in the middle where there would be even more leverage? Putting weight on the wheel transfers that weight almost directly to the ground. Just a thought"</font>

I believe the downward force of the weight is not the issue here, it is more likely the rotational forces. The heavier wheel can now create more rotational momentum and will be harder to stop - kind of like a flywheel. This rotating mass is going to create greater torsional stress and higher forces on mating gears in the axle/4WD.

/ front weights on a BX
This is when the FEL is off the machine and I have another implement on the rear and need a counter balance weight. Right now, I am exploring the possibilities for future reference. Kubota recommends front counter balance weight when you use a grass collection system, but I don't know if it is actually neccessary...... any comments from people that have the grass collector???.... thanks

/ front weights on a BX #13  
rlw . . . the brakes on the BX Kubota are on the rear wheels so I am not sure what effect the wheel weights would have on the breaking as that relates to the front wheels. Certainly there is the issue of momentum as defined by mass x speed, but that would exist under any added weight including a driver who ate too many donuts while trying to stop a tractor while engaged in high gear going down a steep slope. At tractor speeds and with any conceivable weight carried properly anywhere on a tractor, I don't think braking is going to be a real issue.

Certainly the wheel weight would have to be handled by the 4WD system, which if it is frail, might pose a problem. I don't see how it could affect much by way of the axle, because the axle is not bearing the brunt of actually carrying the weight unless the front tires are off the ground! Weights added to a front bumper would be weight that is directly carried by the the front axle as the entire front of the tractor is carried by the strength of the front axle. Further, we are presumably talking about a tractor that does not have an FEL which is considerably heavier, especially when loaded, than the amount of weight any sane person would talk about adding to the wheels or the front bumper point, and the weight of a loaded loader is carried by the front axle.

I presume that Kubota is trying to sell its parts so it can make an excess profit. Cast iron is heavy. Shipping it from Japan is expensive. Dealers selling in low volume need a high markup on their goods to stay in business. Kubota's disclaimer is likely not based on any reliablity issue, but is probably based on profit motive. JMHO.

/ front weights on a BX #14  
I have the Grass Collection system and see no need for front weight. I do not think you can put enough grass or other material in there to cause any problems. I have picked up wet leaves with it when I first got it too, so that is about as heavy as I think it would get.