front wheel drive problem

/ front wheel drive problem #11  
Teg, do great minds think alike:)

James K0UA
:thumbsup::D

Also, just to add... I do lube the front axle, a bunch and I leave mine in 4x4 all the time. (sometime even driving down the road for 4 miles :mur:)

/ front wheel drive problem #13  
Recently sheared one of these on my BX2230. The pin looked to be a .25 roll pin. Picked up a replacement at my local hardware store but am having a **** of a time getting it in (old one came out okay). I hate to beat on it too hard (already have!). Any tricks to getting this roll pin in or do I need to order something special (pin?) from Kubota? Thanks.

/ front wheel drive problem #14  
Recently sheared one of these on my BX2230. The pin looked to be a .25 roll pin. Picked up a replacement at my local hardware store but am having a **** of a time getting it in (old one came out okay). I hate to beat on it too hard (already have!). Any tricks to getting this roll pin in or do I need to order something special (pin?) from Kubota? Thanks.

Not sure on size but being Japanese based would suspect the pin is metric not american size. Would guess it is 6 mm.

5 mm = 0.196 (13/64)
6 mm = 0.236 (15/64)

/ front wheel drive problem #15  
I bought a used L3600 GST and salesmen said only used to Help Grand-Ma across street or some such off hand remark.
The first time to use the little pin broke.
replaced didn't find problem a few hours later the propeller shaft broke and replaced shaft.
The propeller shaft worked around 50 hours when again broke and so removed front end to locate problem.The pinion shaft was chewed up to point was jumping the ring pinion shaft. so all the ground up metal filtered into the side bearings and all parts needed replacement.

But the cause was the center pin the weight of the tractor front sits on. The adjustment screw was gone and so front end wobbled and had wollered out a egg shaped hole big enough to allow the front end to bind when enguaged.
No need to say more since there is only a replacement for the front housing and where the
parts attach to tractor. Something like 600 hours on this Kubota.
There is a grease fitting that is often over looked when servicing.
Know I haven't used proper parts description. But the main reason mentioned when this pin breaks next find the cause. it is very expensive later.
ken

/ front wheel drive problem #16  
Thanks. I think you are correct - the 6mm would be just about right - and I wouldn't have to crack the drive shaft to get it in!!! Now just need to find one - do I spend the ten bucks on gas to get to my nearest dealer or the ten bucks on postage and order online????? HMMMMMMM. Life is hard sometimes.

/ front wheel drive problem #17  
iam 82 ,dont have much energy i got almost same problem the front linkage is ok but i cant get the other end back together the shaft wont slide in maybe a burr also i noticed a hole for the shear pin but there is none and inside the hole i see is something or this end of shaft is to be sliding back and forth. simple job i dont want screw it up was going to use file ,or knife or sandpaper in the slots on universals thank you

/ front wheel drive problem #18  
Yes, the loader is front heavy and my back tires spin so I leave it in 4wd.

Maybe someone already mentioned, it's a good idea to use rear weight if using FWD with FEL, too much stress on front drive; and shaft coupler or shear pins will break.

/ front wheel drive problem #19  
Hello! My drive shaft keeps shearing the split rolled pin (about one a year) on the front wheel drive shaft. I read a similar post and the gentleman simply replaced it with a bolt. Would this work or would I need to have the protection of a sheer pin? Thanks! Brad

i have put about 200 hours on a kubota bx2200 and atleast 4 pins or bolts in the coupling.
it sheared again this weekend so probably on fifth or so. i have looked at it cleaned it greased
and so on, not sure if something else is causing issue. use 4wd about 50 percent of time.