Front wheel on L2800

/ Front wheel on L2800 #1  

DanielTerence

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800
I noticed after mowing a rough, bumpy field last week that my right front wheel seems to be slanted or tow'd in more than the left one. I know some is normal, but now one side is slightly different than the other. I did not hit anything solid, but did a lot of turning on bumpy ground with ruts.

Is this a problem, can I (should I) readjust something? It doesn't see seem that the front end should be that fragile.

/ Front wheel on L2800
I noticed after mowing a rough, bumpy field last week that my right front wheel seems to be slanted or tow'd in more than the left one. I know some is normal, but now one side is slightly different than the other. I did not hit anything solid, but did a lot of turning on bumpy ground with ruts.

Is this a problem, can I (should I) readjust something? It doesn't see seem that the front end should be that fragile.

/ Front wheel on L2800 #3  
Are you referring to Camber or Toe in?? Toe in will be equal amount left or right… The rear axle is fixed to the tractor frame… The front is not. Camber can appear different from left to right because the axle it self has a pivot in the center and that will allow it to swing up and down on each side. Camber, like caster is not adjustable, only toe in is adjustable. KennyV.

/ Front wheel on L2800 #4  
Are you referring to Camber or Toe in?? Toe in will be equal amount left or right… The rear axle is fixed to the tractor frame… The front is not. Camber can appear different from left to right because the axle it self has a pivot in the center and that will allow it to swing up and down on each side. Camber, like caster is not adjustable, only toe in is adjustable. KennyV.

/ Front wheel on L2800 #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I noticed after mowing a rough, bumpy field last week that my right front wheel seems to be slanted or tow'd in more than the left one.)</font>

If you are referring to the vertical cant of the wheel, it is an optical illusion. Your wheels can't change their cant. The axel pivots at the center and often times makes the wheels look like they are leaning different amounts.

OTOH, if you're talking about toe-in or tow-out, this can change. You could have a loose tie-rod end, or possibly a bent tie-rod.

Jay

/ Front wheel on L2800 #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I noticed after mowing a rough, bumpy field last week that my right front wheel seems to be slanted or tow'd in more than the left one.)</font>

If you are referring to the vertical cant of the wheel, it is an optical illusion. Your wheels can't change their cant. The axel pivots at the center and often times makes the wheels look like they are leaning different amounts.

OTOH, if you're talking about toe-in or tow-out, this can change. You could have a loose tie-rod end, or possibly a bent tie-rod.

Jay

/ Front wheel on L2800
Thanks for the education, I guess I am talking about camber - the vertical angle (in relationship to the ground) looks different. It is not toe-in or toe-out. So, since it's not adjustable and an illusion, I'll ignore it (or else keep looking to convince myself of the illusion).
Thanks for the help.

/ Front wheel on L2800
Thanks for the education, I guess I am talking about camber - the vertical angle (in relationship to the ground) looks different. It is not toe-in or toe-out. So, since it's not adjustable and an illusion, I'll ignore it (or else keep looking to convince myself of the illusion).
Thanks for the help.