FRONT WHEELS LOCKING UP

/ FRONT WHEELS LOCKING UP #1  

GRASSMAN

Hi guys,
Looking for info or fixit ideas as to my 03 Toolcat having the front wheels ''lock up''. It has happened 2 times before, but all of a sudden comes out of it and works fine the rest of the day.
Problem starts out as I'm using it in the all wheel steer mode the front wheels all of a sudden lock up(almost as if I lifted the safety arm?). I have tried holding down the diff lock to see if something works in that mode, and does nothing. I've taken it out of all wheel steer and still no go. Then all of a sudden it seems to come out of it and works without problems rest of the day.
This last time it happened, it machine has been sitting for about a week or better and when getting in to go with it it's locked up?
I changed all filters and fluids prior to the this last incident I should add.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated as to what I should start looking for to fix the issue.

Thanks

/ FRONT WHEELS LOCKING UP #2  
Been there, done that. Unplug the rear axle speed sensor and it's all good... except the caution light stays on. Or, fork over a few hundred for a new sensor.

BLES

/ FRONT WHEELS LOCKING UP #3  
Where can I find the sensor to unplug.

/ FRONT WHEELS LOCKING UP #4  
Read the oeprator manual. In the Display Controller instructions it tell how to turn Axle matching off. With it Off, controller will ingnore the speed sensors and will not give an error code.

/ FRONT WHEELS LOCKING UP #5  
Just curious if this applies to the 5600A models as well. I looked though my owners manual and did not see anything related to disabling axle speed sensors.

/ FRONT WHEELS LOCKING UP #6  
Just curious if this applies to the 5600A models as well. I looked though my owners manual and did not see anything related to disabling axle speed sensors.

It would apply if the software was ever updated. But since it was a software change later on it was not printed in the early version OP manuals.

/ FRONT WHEELS LOCKING UP #7  
Ok thanks - if the software has been updated (which I believe it has) then what buttons do I press on the display to find this option?

/ FRONT WHEELS LOCKING UP #8  
Ok thanks - if the software has been updated (which I believe it has) then what buttons do I press on the display to find this option?
With key or keyless panel turned off, push the Speed/Hrs/RPM selector button until RPM displays then hold button down 3 seconds until LCD changes (this puts controller into setup mode). If you have keyless panel it will ask for code (enter owner password) then 2 spd should display (options to turn on or off in here are 2 speed, Hi-flow, axle match depending on how it is equiped). Push the RPM button again until "0---0" displays, this is Axle matching engaged. Press the Work mode button to toggle to on or off positon in any of these options. Axle matching Off/disengaged is "0 0" (no dashes). Press and hold RPM button until "donE" appears in LCD (this locks in the program, if you start machine or turn key before "donE" appears it will revert back to previous selection) Push stop button if keyless panel or start machine, it should be ready to go.

/ FRONT WHEELS LOCKING UP #10  
The instructions were perfect for disabling axle match. Again, I appreciate the help you provided.