Frontend Loader Problem

/ Frontend Loader Problem
Where do I get an 8 JIC? Is that what I ask for? Thanks, Pat

Chris it was a #6 fitting. Got the plugs and its the unit on the right. Glad it was not the one I had just rebuilt. My old fingers could barely get the seals in place. Will take this one to a hydraulic shop down the road about 3 miles. They will put them in for $20. I had already bought 2 seal kits when I fixed the other one. I'm glad I fixed that one so I know how they work but I will pass on this one. Thanks to everyone for your help. Pat

/ Frontend Loader Problem #14  
I had a problem with my 'curl' function not holding......in the end I found a little piece of debris inside the pressure relief valve. I am not sure of the reason it was causing the problem, but once I found it the problem went away.

Now the loader is drifting down so I assume I have a bad seal in one of those units. After I determine which one is leaking, can I plug it up and still use the loader, light loads, over the weekend till I can get it fixed?

/ Frontend Loader Problem #16  
You mean plug one of the lift cylinders so it is operating on only one of them? I sure wouldn't. One slip and you could tweak the loader frame with the unequal forces being applied by a single cylinder. I'd use it as it is and just keep up with the drift by raising it as necessary, or I'd wait until it was fixed. Your loader, your call.

/ Frontend Loader Problem #17  
Twin cylinders should be replaced in pairs anyway. It's the Little Dutch Boy finger-in-the-dike syndrome; replace only one, the other will likely soon start leaking.

//greg//

/ Frontend Loader Problem #18  
Now the loader is drifting down so I assume I have a bad seal in one of those units. After I determine which one is leaking, can I plug it up and still use the loader, light loads, over the weekend till I can get it fixed?

Your probably loosing pressure through your control box [joy stick]...there is a pressure relief valve on the bottom right under the joy stick. it has a locking nut, if that is loose your pressure will drop off, make sure the lock nut is tight. and be careful not to turn the pressure up too much as you will blow your hydralic pump. If you hear squealing, it's getting too much pressure.

Before you do anything, make sure all of your fittings are tight, if you have a leak there should be oil dripping out somewhere...then you can take your control box apart and make sure there is nothing stuck in there.

I wouldn't try and run on one lift cylinder.

/ Frontend Loader Problem #19  
Just a thought (shot in the dark), did you check to see if the control valve centering spring is working properly ?
The tin cans on the back of the valve block cover the spring and sometimes the screw that holds the spring, backs out. This is easily fixed by tightening the screw and the FEL valves function normally. There are just two screws to remove the tin covers and the one screw on the valve spring. This is often overlooked and is an easy fix - if this is your problem. Won't cost anything to look and check and that way you know for sure the valves are operating properly.

Everything on the control box seemed ok. I left everything as is and fought the drift down for two days to finish my job. Will order the parts tomorrow and take it apart in two weeks. Am going to Texas to visit my daughter and to Ky to visit my brother and sister. Thanks for all the help. Pat