Price Check Frontier SB1174

/ Frontier SB1174 #11  
Hey all you guys with Frontier blowers... how have you liked them? I have been looking at a Schulte which is more expensive, but i've heard nothing but good about them. How have your frontiers held up? My dad has a Schulte, loves it because it's built real heavy duty and its a direct pto drive so he says it has fewer chain breakages than his Buhler did. Actually i don't think he's every had a problem with his Schulte.

Also, where you you buying these? ... local dealer wants $3900 for an 1174 - thats with hydrolic chute and everything, so maybe that's the cost diff?

/ Frontier SB1174 #12  
I haven't used mine yet so I can't say. It seems very rugged, thick guage steel and full length welds. The chain size is substantial, and the shear bolts should protect from breakage anyway.
Mine came with Hydraulic rotation but manual deflection. I automated it with an electric cylinder for about $150 total since I don't have any additional hydraulic connections.

/ Frontier SB1174 #13  
I haven't used mine yet so I can't say.

Same here, waiting for snow. It's mounted behind tractor and ready to go. When it was delivered it didn't make any noise while running. Tried it again couple days ago and made a weird sound. Only thing I can figure is the chain. Only thing different since delivery is that I put some 3-in-1 oil on the chain. Maybe that's the wrong lubricate so I got a can specifically labeled as "chain Lube". Sprayed it on but haven't retried it yet to see if that fixed the noise.

/ Frontier SB1174 #14  
With snow season upon me I was quoted $3,300.00 with hydraulic chute rotation on a SB1174. Delivery 1st of February :(

/ Frontier SB1174 #15  
With snow season upon me I was quoted $3,300.00 with hydraulic chute rotation on a SB1174. Delivery 1st of February :(

That price is in the ballpark. That delivery time is good, especially this time of year. Mine took 9 weeks from order in August to delivery.

/ Frontier SB1174 #16  
A schulte BX74 with hydraulic rotation and deflection is 5600$CDN. Mine was a demo and I paid 3500$CDN. The price on that frontier is a good one. If you can hold off until summer, they get really cheap.

The BX series are chain drive to the horizontal auger, I know, I just had to change it!!!

-Jer.