Frustrated with myself and tractor.

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #21  
I would agree that it definitely sounds like you still have air in the lines. Quick question, When you replaced the cartridge for the fuel filter did you fill the bowl back up with diesel completely before sealing it? If not than there is likely still some air trapped in the lines somewhere. I'm not familiar with the 750 so I can't say for certain if it has a primer plunger or bleed screw to help remove trapped air. In worst case you can crack the lines at the injectors until fuel comes out of them after cranking the motor and tighten them back down. A lot of times if you can get it started and run a high throttle after a minute or so it will sometimes get the air worked out of the system.

Hopefully some of the JD guys will be able to chime in.

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #22  
If you have a manual there might be a place for bleeding the air on the injector pump without cracking lines. [

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #23  
I am not familiar with the John Deere model, but agree with others, we have a couple of tractors that have small pumps you need to use to pressurize and bleed the lines and it takes a LONG time on ours.

You can bleed the system by loosening the injectors, but have never had to do it. If it becomes necessary, someone who is familiar with your tractor can help you. Once I go beyond the basics, I just haul it to the shop or have them send someone out; doesn't sound like you are there yet though.

Good luck.

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #24  
I have no experience with my own tractor. I bought it shortly after buying farm. Had help at time,tractor did a great job. Help did not...lol. Now i am a fulltime student with hopes of being mostly self sufficient,but can not get it started.

There should be a neutral interlock switch so make sure the transmission is in neutral (including the transmission high/low range lever, if there is one). There may be another interlock on the pto control lever. Cycle that lever ON/OFF to be sure the PTO is in the OFF position.

Good luck

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #25  
If it cranks over you can pretty much forget the safety switches. Its a fuel issue, on my jd 2320 I don't have to bleed after a fuel filter change. Is it possible the filter isn't seated correctly or the bowl not sealing. Possibly the o-ring at the top of the filter bowl.

The part number for your manual is OMRW15455 , I look for an electronic version. I couldn't find it. You or someone else might though.

As a newb, I would not sugest using ether. Unitl you know enough about the risks IMO you don't want to use it. IMO its typically used in very small amounts on old tractors that are sitting real cold and are normally hard starting anyway. I think its like giving your tractor cocain, once they're on, they will want more. So far you're are chasing a fuel problem, get that resolved first.

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor.
Filter had collected sediment,felt it needed to be changed. Lesson learned sorta.Also old saying a stitch in time saves nine. Attempting to do these things by myself or with sons at home(11 and 12) comical to say the least.Have a friend coming to help tmmrw. It cranks but doesnt turn over. Bled all screws going up. we will see tmmrw. Is ether safe for diesels?

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #27  
Filter had collected sediment,felt it needed to be changed. Lesson learned sorta.Also old saying a stitch in time saves nine. Attempting to do these things by myself or with sons at home(11 and 12) comical to say the least.Have a friend coming to help tmmrw. It cranks but doesnt turn over. Bled all screws going up. we will see tmmrw. Is ether safe for diesels?

I think that may be a relative term, I have used it, but don't usually recommend it as too much can really be bad, I think some people use WD40 and I believe there may be an old thread on here about it.

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #28  
Ether is safe, but it must be used sparringly. Too much and you'll break sometime expensing.
Let us know about the results from tomorrow.

Happy years!

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor.
Being the "newb" that i am , i hadnt closed the fuel line thingy when i took filter cup off=air in lines i think. Very reliable tractor prior,perfect size for my uses. My friend is a mechanic who up until now has been getting a good laugh at my expense. Free service call for chuckles. " I can see you in your little boots going back and forth from barn to your computer." I had left the farm at 16(many years back) so i look for many errors. so long as i learn from them,i am moving forward.=]

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #30  
Don't feel bad. We all start off crapping our pants!
Sorry if you didnt the newb comment, it was more about the post count than anything else.