Frustrating starting problem

/ Frustrating starting problem
Like I said in my first post, the tractor does finally start. But I have the same problem each time I try to restart.

/ Frustrating starting problem #12  
I have a 2415 and it did the same thing, it was the neutral switch on the shuttle shifter on mine.

/ Frustrating starting problem #14  
6. replaced the starter switch and double checked the connections

(and it was expensive, made of metal, not plastic like original)

Are you saying you replaced the "Starter Switch" or you have replaced the "Ignition Switch".
Does the tractor have a starter switch in addition to the ignition switch?

/ Frustrating starting problem #15  
The small wire going to the starter solonoid, does that have 12v when the key is in the start position? If it does your problem is in the battery connections the starter or the solonoid. If it doesn't have 12v the problem is in the switches (starter, or safety) or wiring before the solonoid. If you jump the solonoid, as mentioned before, and it turns over immediately your problem is in the switch wiring side. If you jump the solonoid, for safety sakes make sure all the shifters are in neutral, and the brakes are locked. Good luck with it.

Are you saying you replaced the "Starter Switch" or you have replaced the "Ignition Switch".
Does the tractor have a starter switch in addition to the ignition switch?

It has one switch that I use to start the tractor with my key. I guess it is the ignition switch.

/ Frustrating starting problem #17  
bluegrass,

Did you try what I suggested in post #4, and 6?

No I have not. I am still at work offshore and will not be home for two more weeks.
(see post #7) I am going to try all the suggestions when I get home. If anyone else has any other ideas, keep them coming and THANKS to all who have made suggestions already.

I know it has been a while, but I thought I should update. I took all the info that yall took the time to post and thought about it. I quit trying to diagnose my problem and spent my time trying to figure how to fix it. So I ran a wire from the hot post on the starter, to the solenoid. Put a toggle switch at the appropriate place in the line and mounted the switch just below the original starter switch. Now I turn the original switch to "on", bump the toggle switch to "on" and the engine cranks better than it did when new. Of course, I turn the toggle to "off" after it does it's job. Thanks for all the input.

/ Frustrating starting problem #20  
I know it has been a while, but I thought I should update. I took all the info that yall took the time to post and thought about it. I quit trying to diagnose my problem and spent my time trying to figure how to fix it. So I ran a wire from the hot post on the starter, to the solenoid. Put a toggle switch at the appropriate place in the line and mounted the switch just below the original starter switch. Now I turn the original switch to "on", bump the toggle switch to "on" and the engine cranks better than it did when new. Of course, I turn the toggle to "off" after it does it's job. Thanks for all the input.

If you plan to keep the toggle for any length of time, you might think about changing it to a momentary switch so it shuts off as soon as you release it.