Fuel additive

/ Fuel additive #11  
Hello All,
I ended up adding Power Service Diesel service Suppliment with Cetane booster, will that alone be OK?

Rick,
If you don't already have bugs it's fine.
If you have, or have had bugs, and you like the Power Service products then you might try:
Power Service Products, diesel fuel additives, prevent gelling, clean injectors, disperse water, boost cetane, reduce emissions, improve fuel economyPower Service Products, diesel fuel additives, prevent gelling, clean injectors, disperse water, boos

/ Fuel additive
Hey Bob,
How will I know if I have bugs? Do you know the name of the Power service product I should be using?

thanks in advance,
Rick

/ Fuel additive #13  
Hey Bob,
How will I know if I have bugs? Do you know the name of the Power service product I should be using?

thanks in advance,
Rick

You will first notice poor engine performance for no apparent reason. Then you will discover brown/black sludge in your fuel strainer, and in the bottom of the fuel tank. Usually by then it's too late. The bugs are corrosive and can do major damage to fuel system components. With the sulfur in fuel going away, which was kind of a natural bug-killer, you can expect problems in the future (not just you :D).
The Power Service Bio-Kleen product is in the link in my previous post

/ Fuel additive
Rob,
So tomorrow I will get the Bio-Kleen, my tank already has the other stuff that I bought in it, will it hurt to add Bio-Kleen also?

Thanks again,
Rick

/ Fuel additive #15  
Rob,
So tomorrow I will get the Bio-Kleen, my tank already has the other stuff that I bought in it, will it hurt to add Bio-Kleen also?

Thanks again,
Rick

Nope. You're good with both. Just follow the dosing requirements. :thumbsup:

/ Fuel additive #16  
Rob,
So tomorrow I will get the Bio-Kleen,
Unless you have to misfortune to purchase contaminated fuel, the best protection against diesel bugs is a full tank. That minimizes the amount of water in the tank. The line where fuel and water separate is where the organisms propagate. From there they can line the sides of the tank that are exposed.

Given no evidence of infestation, one treatment should do - provided you keep the tank full from that point on. But keep an eye on the fuel sediment bowl, for both water and solids. If you see water only, drain it. If you see solids, dose the tank with biocide again. If not treated, they'll eventually clog the fuel filter. So it wouldn't hurt to have one spare container of biocide and one spare filter on hand.

//greg//

/ Fuel additive
Thanks Bob and Greg,
I will do all mentioned above

Rick