FUEL ADDITIVE

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #11  
I use Stanadyne Lubricity formula and stay away from Power service type drying products. Those things do just the opposite of what injectors and pumps need, lubricity. Water filter for drying fuel then lubricity formula for lubing fuel related parts.

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #12  
I use Power Service [ diesel fuel supplement w/cetane boost ] in all my diesel tractors and Cummins diesel truck. I put about 1/2" in the bottom of a 2" diameter can and dump that into the empty 5 gallon can. [nothing scientific here, just what I do] Do not use it all the time, just usually for fuel I procure for the winter. Or for a tractor that will be stored over winter. The supplement is not as important as making sure keep your tank as full as possible, you buy fresh diesel from well used diesel pumps, and stay away from seldom used gas stations that sell diesel only occasionally. ' Usually ', a well used pump is that way because folks prove daily that it's good fuel at a reasonable price. They also stay far away from bad stations. The supplement will not fix bad fuel, it only adds a little to the lubricity/lower gel temp/cetane/etc. to the base fuel. And make you sleep a little better at night if you use it some. Fresh diesel has a little more snap in it, something you can sense if you drive enough. [ or is it imagine ]

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #13  
I use Power Service [ diesel fuel supplement w/cetane boost ] in all my diesel tractors and Cummins diesel truck. I put about 1/2" in the bottom of a 2" diameter can and dump that into the empty 5 gallon can. [nothing scientific here, just what I do] Do not use it all the time, just usually for fuel I procure for the winter. Or for a tractor that will be stored over winter. The supplement is not as important as making sure keep your tank as full as possible, you buy fresh diesel from well used diesel pumps, and stay away from seldom used gas stations that sell diesel only occasionally. ' Usually ', a well used pump is that way because folks prove daily that it's good fuel at a reasonable price. They also stay far away from bad stations. The supplement will not fix bad fuel, it only adds a little to the lubricity/lower gel temp/cetane/etc. to the base fuel. And make you sleep a little better at night if you use it some. Fresh diesel has a little more snap in it, something you can sense if you drive enough. [ or is it imagine ]

I agree. My primary goal is anti-gel.

If a person has ever had to deal with fuel that's gelled you'll become a believer in treatment.

I'm very picky about where I buy my fuel. I only use one source locally.

My Powerstroke has 240K miles, never used lubricity treatment, used Power Service white bottle every Winter. Still running on the original fuel system.

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #15  
overszd - how much of the power service do you use for 5 gals?

One ounce treats three gallons down to zero degrees F. Below that double the rate.

I have a 55 gallon transfer tank in my truck for tractor fuel. I put 20 ounces in each tank fill.

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #16  
Ok thank you! i appreciate it very much. will try it - the gold stuff at TSC doesn't seem to work!

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #17  
I've said it on this forum before and I'll say it again, Power Service ate one of my injection pumps...

It goes below 0F here every winter and I don't use any witch craft products, I just buy good fuel in the first place and I don't have any fuel problems at all!

SR

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #18  
My Mother taught me to never talk politics, religion or fuel additives. :D

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #19  
Any additive that contains Methyl or Ethyl Alcohol will ruined a DI gasoline or diesel injection system. The only "safe" de-icer" is IPA isopropyl Alcohol, in small doses.

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #20  
I've said it on this forum before and I'll say it again, Power Service ate one of my injection pumps...

It goes below 0F here every winter and I don't use any witch craft products, I just buy good fuel in the first place and I don't have any fuel problems at all!

SR

The fuel you buy in your locale may already be treated. It's not treated well enough to withstand any temps below 20F here. So an additive is a necessity.

That's odd that you know certainly that Power Service ate an injection pump but yet my 18 year old 240K mile truck has drank it every year with no problems. :confused3:

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Unused 2024 Miva VA13 Mini Excavator, (A33078)
Unused 2024 Miva...
New 20' Bi-Parting Gate with Deer (A34302)
New 20' Bi-Parting...
Fuel Tank (A33041)
Fuel Tank (A33041)
2022 Kubota KX033-4 (A33391)
2022 Kubota...
2015 Hy-Brid HB-1430 Scissor Lift (A32932)
2015 Hy-Brid...
(4) A Frame of 58in x 119in Glass Panels, (A33079)
(4) A Frame of...