Fuel Blockage TD 24 any ideas?

/ Fuel Blockage TD 24 any ideas? #11  
I have an Allmand 425 with a similar problem. I have used an air compressor to blow the fuel line out and that seems to do the trick, but I end up doing it about every 2-5 hours of operation. Tired and frustrated because of this problem I have drained the bottom of the tank out but did not see any sediment come out and still have the fuel blockage problem. My next step is to drain the entire tank. Does any one know of a safe way of vacuuming out the bottom of the tank so I can make sure I get all the sediment or what ever is blocking my fuel line. I can't find a way that I can take the tank out of the tractor to clean it, metal parts are all welded around the fuel tank. Any suggestions on cleaning the fuel tank would be helpful.

This is how I have done it, although had just a bit of build up at the bottom of the tank. took the tank completely off after I drained most of diesel but 1" at the bottom. I then took a a long, 1/4" all thread and mounted a round brass brush on the end. The brush came out of a set of HF brush set. the brush part is 3/4" of brass wire and it is about 3/4" round. I laid the tank on a wood pallet outside, attached the extended brush on a drill and brushed the floor nice with that little bit of diesel there sloshing around. I then made a suction tube out of a some garden hose going in to some collection plastic drum (milk jug will be too soft and collapse). I then poke a hole on the side of plastic drum and put suction tube of my shop vac and turned it on. In effect I made a vacuum collection bottle to collect dirty diesel without contaminating my shop vac. the design is pretty much like medical vacuum suction. I then put a not more clean diesel in the tank sloshed it around and sucked it back in to collection jar. I ended up with a perfectly clean floor bottom on my tank. I kept the dirty diesel in some plastic jar and used it on my burn pile to get the fire started.

JC,

/ Fuel Blockage TD 24 any ideas? #12  
Thanks, I think I will try that.

/ Fuel Blockage TD 24 any ideas? #13  
I have an Allmand 425 with a similar problem. I have used an air compressor to blow the fuel line out and that seems to do the trick, but I end up doing it about every 2-5 hours of operation. Tired and frustrated because of this problem I have drained the bottom of the tank out but did not see any sediment come out and still have the fuel blockage problem. My next step is to drain the entire tank. Does any one know of a safe way of vacuuming out the bottom of the tank so I can make sure I get all the sediment or what ever is blocking my fuel line. I can't find a way that I can take the tank out of the tractor to clean it, metal parts are all welded around the fuel tank. Any suggestions on cleaning the fuel tank would be helpful.

Blowing the line out is a just a temporary fix as you found out.

Remove the tank strainer/outlet valve after draining the fuel out of the tank and clean it thoroughly. Flush the tank out with soapy water and then rinse with clean water. Examine it carefully with a flashlight to make sure that there is no debris in it and repeat until you dont see any more debris.(bacterial contamiination will look like a big snotty blobs)

Let it dry thorughly till you don't see any water in the tank. Fill with fresh fuel and a good diesel additive (biocide also if you have bacterial contamination) Make sure that your line from the fuel filter is not contaminated with debris by removing it from the filter and blowing it out from the tank end, making sure it is clean. Connect all the lines and bleed the system.