Oil & Fuel Fuel Draining Generator

/ Fuel Draining Generator #1  

fidowanttobe

Platinum Member
Tractor
Jinma 284 2007 Massey Harris 44 Special
Thinking about 2 sets of these for my generator to allow removing the boat fuel tank for filling and draining and then the second male would allow the engine to run until the carb runs dry. Any opinions? Thanks.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-z4AAOSw9N1VoKVs/s-l400.jpg

HYspeed-Fuel-Gas-Line-Quick-Connect-Disconnect-5-16-Motorcycle-Dual-Shut-Off

US $10.99

eBay item number:

/ Fuel Draining Generator #2  
Many generators have a drain plug on the side of the fuel bowl. Usually a bolt with a sealing washer.
I like using this to drain the carb rather than running it dry as it help to allow any crud/water to run out keeping the bowl cleaner
On some generator engines the carb drain is a screw identified in photo by large red arrow and when screw is loosened fuel drains out where the small red arrow shows.
s1baeF8.jpg

Dave M7040

/ Fuel Draining Generator
Thanks for the reply Dave but my genset is ooold skool. Early 70's with no conveniences and needs 2 men and 4 small boys to lift it. But! Still earning his keep so I'm trying to make sure I don't drop the ball and screw it up.

/ Fuel Draining Generator #4  
Thanks for the reply Dave but my genset is ooold skool. Early 70's with no conveniences and needs 2 men and 4 small boys to lift it. But! Still earning his keep so I'm trying to make sure I don't drop the ball and screw it up.

How about a make and model + some pictures
Dave M7040