Oil & Fuel Fuel filters...how many hours on yours?

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours? #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
Well...I'm /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif to air my dirty fuel filter...but mine did not make it to the recommended 400 hour change point. I have 392 hours on my Kubota B20910, which will turn two years old at the end of next month.

I have cleaned the fuel filter every hundred hours as recommended in my manual. I get my fuel from a place that seems to be pretty good, high turnover of off road fuel, and never a hint of water...

Tractor started losing power yesterday, then working normally for a while...then losing power again...

It was a restricted fuel filter that was causing the problem.

So I think I will change it every couple hundred hours. But I was wondering what others are doing along these lines... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess worst case I could just keep a spare filter on hand, since they are easy enough to change, but I will probably just change it and be done with it, rather than try to push all the way to the four hundred hour recommendation...

What do you guys do?

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours? #2  
Up until a couple of months ago I'd say every other year or so. That was before I check mine at 130 hours. After seeing all the crap it can accumulate, it'll be every year.

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours? #3  
My newholland manual states; change at 50 hours and every 200 hours after that. Nothing about cleaning it. As I only have about 155 hours on the tractor, It will be spring before I change it next, if thing go as stated in the manual, probably not? You know I was just at the new holland dealer in town last weekend, and a spare fuel filter is a good thing to have, in the garage all the time. I will have to remember to get one next time I'm near there.

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours? #4  
Henro,
Mine had some discoloration at 200 hours, so I changed it. I buy good fuel and haven't had any problems, but I think fuel filters are cheap as compared to injectors. I may be a little paranoid, but I change my engine oil and filter every 50 hours and clean my fuel filter at the same time.

Greg

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours? #5  
Original fuel filters in my 1997 Kubota F2260 (635 Hrs) and 2003 Kubota L3430 (127 Hrs). F2260 still runs like new. I have fuel and water separater filters on my diesel tank. I purchase fuel from my bulk supplier.

OrangeGuy

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours? #6  
I change at about 500 hours needed or not. I never have found any water and very little of anything else. I have a overhead bulk tank and the fuel is delivered.

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours? #7  
I change my fluids and filters at intervals that I can keep straight in my little pea brain:

Oil and filter - every 50 hours
Air and fuel filter - every 100 hours
Transmission fluid and filter - every 200 hours
Coolant - every 200 hours
Front differential fluid - every 200 hours

Just easy for my to remember.

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours? #8  
Henro, fuel filters are a problem for a lot of people as they do vary as far as intervals as to how long they last. You are right to keep a spare one on hand as it is about the only filter that can cause you down time any time. I have people that run the same filter for years not hours and never have trouble. I also have the some that can change them just about once a month. Normally that is from alge in there storage containers or just to much dirt in them or the paint is coming off there cans.

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours? #9  
I just keep a spare on hand and keep an eye on the filter, looking for any signs of water or any foreign substance and change when needed with no regard for time or hours.

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours? #10  
In the guard we check them at every service (yearly), if they look bad (most of the time they do and you already have them out) replace them. A piece of dirt etc. in your injector pump won't be good! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif