Oil & Fuel Fuel filters...how many hours on yours?

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours?
I think I am going to go on the 200 hour change plan as a practice, along with having a spare on hand just in case...

Hard to describe the feeling you get your reliable helper starts to let you down with a power loss...but it is something I don't want to deal with if I don't have to...especially when I have trucks of fill available if I can clear the dumping spot... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours? #12  
For $4.00.....?? I'll probably change it yearly, same as the oil and filter. If I out more hours on it in a year, the oil will be at specs, but the fuel filter probably yearly.

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours?
<font color="blue"> For $4.00.....?? I'll probably change it yearly, same as the oil and filter. If I out more hours on it in a year, the oil will be at specs, but the fuel filter probably yearly. </font>

Jerry, it's more like $11 something with tax for my fuel filter...but still...got almost 220 hours on my B2910 already this year...so at that rate, every 200 hours would be every few months...twice a year anyway...

Still, I agree...every year at a minimum frequency sounds like a very good idea. Had I got into that practice I would not have needed to post this question... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours? #14  
Use to change the fuel filter with every oil/filter change (50-100 hrs or ~twice/12months). Overkill. Last season started using a Mr.Funnel. There was no visible contaminates in the fuel filter bowl or filter this Spring. The cost of the filters are minimal. On a NH TC25d with a FEL it's a bit of a PITA to replace the filter. Unless my hours increase significantly this filter will now be replaced only with the autumn oil/filter change.

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours? #15  
The TC30 has 157 hours on it with no problems and no visible contaminates. We will recheck at 200 hours or at the end of this year when we do an oil change on it. I agree with keeping a spare. Things clog up at the most inconvenient times. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Fuel filters...how many hours on yours? #16  
Henro I took delivery of my TC-40D (40HP) New Holland on Oct 23rd of 2003. I changed my first fuel filter at 50 hours and my second at 200 hours. I now have 260 hours logged on my machine and add time daily. New Holland calls for a new fuel filter every 200 hours after the initial 50 hour break in fuel filter change, and a cleaning of the fuel filter every 100 hours. I look at a fuel filter as cheap insurance against the machine not performing when I need it the most.