Fuel Gauge STAYS EMPTY..

/ Fuel Gauge STAYS EMPTY.. #1  

MoneyMark8040

Tractor
Bobcat T-190
My T-190 Fuel gauge stays reading EMPTY even when FULL.. Code says Voltage to HIGH.. Anyone knows what this means or how it may be fixed??
Thanks in Advance

/ Fuel Gauge STAYS EMPTY.. #2  
Could mean your float is bad in is sinking to bottom of tank.

/ Fuel Gauge STAYS EMPTY.. #3  
due a continuity/resistance check across the 2 posts of the sendor with wires disconnected. You should have some resistance (ohms), and open circuit or continuity with no resistance would indiacte failed sendor.

/ Fuel Gauge STAYS EMPTY.. #4  
Check all contacts for corrosion as well or even breaks in the wire.
Could be as simple as a bad connection at the tank sender unit.
Really a very simple basic circuit. The tank unit is only a variable resistor that the float moves.
Most recent floats are a plastic while older were either cork or a brass bubble.
The cork could absorb water and the bubble leak but the newer types are trouble free.

Voltage too high suggests no resistance and that suggests no continuity (wire break etc)
Good luck.

/ Fuel Gauge STAYS EMPTY..
Hey do I need to Unbolt the cab & open it up to get to the float or connector for fuel gage??

/ Fuel Gauge STAYS EMPTY.. #6  
Yes, you do have to raise the ROPS to get to the fuel sendor, it is back close the the hydrostatic pump.
Make sure your guage(s) both fuel and temperature sweep when key is first turned on. Both should move from one side to the other then back again when you first turn the key on. If fuel guage does not but temp does, possibly a guage problem. If neither sweep then look for an electrical problem, possibly even a blown fuse.

/ Fuel Gauge STAYS EMPTY..
Ok Thanks.. I'll try tomorrow.. The gauges are digital & temp works.. Fuel use to go to full then back to empty.. Now just stays on Empty..