Fuel in oil tank

/ Fuel in oil tank #1  

M932a2

Tractor
Ford 3910 ,New Holland 4630
Hello all ,new to this site and to tractors.
I will begin with the item,it is a 89 ford 3910.
About a year ago my tractor had stopped running,I had power and the engine would crank bou it would not start,with a full tank of fuel and a fully charged battery nothing. I proceeded to bleed any air from all fittings from injection pump up to the injectors to no avail. I did have fuel bleeding from almost all fittings .
I opened the side cover or plate an fuel spilled out. I also applied pressure to fuel tank ,nothing.
The only way it would run is with a spray bottle of diesel fuel and gas mixture.
I then removed injection pump and had it rebuilt ,installed it ran it on its own.
Drove it from point a to b and found it to have an over flow of diesel fuel in the oil.whaswt I mean by over flow is when I started it the second time i did not like the sound,it had a louder sound from the valves,shut her down pulled the dip stick out to check the oil and she just poured out.

Did some research found out that some times with that fuel injector if it sits idle for some time you may end up with a injector stuck in the open position. Removed the injectors and one was wet.replaced all.
Changed the oil and filter,added 7 quarts as needed,ran it with new injectors, using the old seals ,did some oil checks after installing the new injectors good.
Ran her and did some bush hoggin. When finished and shut her down again checked the oil and the level increased buy 2 quarts.
What do I need to do
Thanks
Wayne

/ Fuel in oil tank #2  
More than likely front seal
On injection pump is leaking
You can do it

/ Fuel in oil tank #3  
I've had that happen on a couple of different Cummins engines. It was the main shaft seal on the injection pump leaking into the gear housing. I'd check that seal.

/ Fuel in oil tank #4  
"Then I removed the injection pump and had it rebuilt, installed it ran it on it's own". ???

If you paid someone (reputable) to do that, you shouldn't need to be here asking questions about what to do.

As for that old wives tale about a bad injector leaking fuel into the oil? Buy into it if you choose, but in my experience before a bad injector can cause enough fuel dilution to notice on the engine oil dipstick, other symptoms would appear. A dead miss on one cylinder probably, and odd smoke color, even fuel slobbering out the stack at some point. You would notice a number of things before the oil level would rise enough to tell a difference.

/ Fuel in oil tank #5  
" Then I removed the injection pump and had it rebuilt, installed it ran it on it's own".

Your best bet is still the injector pump. A stuck or leaky injector would cause misfiring.
Take the injector pump off again and either figure out what is wrong with it, or send it to "thepumpguysc" here at TBN. I'd do the latter.

rScotty

/ Fuel in oil tank
I want to thank all for there feedback, although I have not been able to remove the injection pump with alli have going at this time,but could the problem be the timing ?

/ Fuel in oil tank #7  
I want to thank all for there feedback, although I have not been able to remove the injection pump with alli have going at this time,but could the problem be the timing ?
It could, but in order to put that much fuel into the oil it would have to be so far out of time that it would barely run if it ran at all. That far out of time the engine would stumble, cough, valves rattle, and just run terribly - might backfire and maybe not even run on all cylinders. If any of this sounds familiar it might be fuel pump timing. Surely it is worth checking, if that isn't it then we are back to the seal.

/ Fuel in oil tank #8  
Let me know when you’re ready and I’ll send you a seal..