Fuel Injection Pump Shims on Shibaura N844T

/ Fuel Injection Pump Shims on Shibaura N844T #1  

MNTC45

Tractor
TC45
I'm in the process of rebuilding three different motors. All of them use the Shibaura N844T engine block. On this particular engine, the injection pump timing is adjusted using shims between the injection pump mounting surface and the engine block. Unfortunately, I was unaware of this when I disassembled them and I didn't record which shim thickness was used on each engine. I have the old shims for reference, but they are all different from each other. Does anyone know how to determine what shim thickness is required when assembling the injection pump? I have new shims to install, I just don't know what ones to use. Thanks in advance for any support.

Last edited:
   / Fuel Injection Pump Shims on Shibaura N844T
Thank you for the help Rick. I am familiar with that term, but have never done it before. I will search the internet for information and see if it is something I'm comfortable doing. If not, I will bring it to the experts to tackle. Now I know better for next time.

/ Fuel Injection Pump Shims on Shibaura N844T #4  
I'm in the process of rebuilding three different motors. All of them use the Shibaura N844T engine block. On this particular engine, the injection pump timing is adjusted using shims between the injection pump mounting surface and the engine block. Unfortunately, I was unaware of this when I disassembled them and I didn't record which shim thickness was used on each engine. I have the old shims for reference, but they are all different from each other. Does anyone know how to determine what shim thickness is required when assembling the injection pump? I have new shims to install, I just don't know what ones to use. Thanks in advance for any support.
You need to try to contact "pumpguysc" here on TBN.
He is a very helpful pump rebuilder.

/ Fuel Injection Pump Shims on Shibaura N844T
Good idea. I had him rebuild the injector pump on a Case 1390 a few years back. He was very knowledgeable and great to work with. I think I still have his email information.