Fuel problem 4035

/ Fuel problem 4035 #1  

dzbick

Tractor
mahindra 4035 pst
I have a fuel problem with a 2012 mahindra 4035 diesel. Will run about 20 minutes then starts sputtering and losing power. Have changed fuel filter and can't find any leaks. I believe there is a fuel shutoff valve on fuel pump that shuts off return line. Anyone have any suggestions. Haven't pulled fuel tank but it's a major undertaking, especially with front end loader

/ Fuel problem 4035 #2  
I would start at the top check the fuel cap vent. Then check the flow at the fuel filter inlet . Work you way down the line....

/ Fuel problem 4035 #3  
Your problem may well be a fuel supply problem, but maybe not. Does the injection pump have two solenoids? One on the very top of the pump and another slightly lower and farther back on the pump? If it does, I have some quick tests you might try involving the solenoids.

/ Fuel problem 4035 #4  
Have you pulled the line from the tank to your filter, it may be plugged.

/ Fuel problem 4035 #5  
I have a fuel problem with a 2012 mahindra 4035 diesel. Will run about 20 minutes then starts sputtering and losing power. Have changed fuel filter and can't find any leaks. I believe there is a fuel shutoff valve on fuel pump that shuts off return line. Anyone have any suggestions. Haven't pulled fuel tank but it's a major undertaking, especially with front end loader

Check your fuel lines at the filter they crack enough to suck air and not notice a leak. Wiggle the lines around when running you will see the leak. That happened to me easy fix

/ Fuel problem 4035 #6  
Did your problem come on every twenty minutes like clockwork? Go away after stopping the engine, restarting, then return again after twenty minutes? Most fuel line and/or supply problems don't quite follow that pattern.

/ Fuel problem 4035 #7  
After about 10/15 hrs trying to fix a similar problem on my 4025, my guy drilled the hole a little larger in the shut off valve. Problem solved except for all the hair that was pulled out. I do have all new lines and a clean tank trying to fix this.