Oil & Fuel Fuel Pump Adjustment?

/ Fuel Pump Adjustment? #1  

Darrell2

Tractor
Yanmar 2310D
My 2310 won't shut off without using the compression release. (That's how the guy that sold me the tractor did it too). I read in the "Cold Starting" thread a suggestion that this can cause damage. Will the adjustment on the fuel pump rod cure this? There is no other fuel cutoff that I can find.

/ Fuel Pump Adjustment? #2  
Darrell:

You could add a shutoff valve to the air supply. Thats quaranteed to shut it down.

Egon

/ Fuel Pump Adjustment? #3  
I think you just need to make a small adjustment to your throttle shaft at the pump. The end of the throttle rod (at the pump) is threaded with two locknuts holding the connector in place. See if you can adjust it to make the throttle arm move more toward the closed position. It should not take much.
A friend of mine had the same problem with his Yanmar and this cured it.

/ Fuel Pump Adjustment? #4  
Darrel, I agree with the adjustment idea. You should lubricate the linkage at the throttle lever also. You can reach this by removing the black plastic powershift cover and the red plastic plate below the steering wheel. Also try this first. With the tractor running, push the throttle lever as far foward as it goes and then lift the foot throttle ( by the brake pedals) with your foot and see if the tractor cuts off. If this works then lubricating will solve the problem. If not then an adjustment is probably necessary. My 2310 required the lubrication to work properly.

/ Fuel Pump Adjustment? #5  
I have a F16D. It won't shut off unless you pull the decomp knob, either. Should it shut off with the key? or the hand throttle? thanks

/ Fuel Pump Adjustment? #6  
Reed,
I think it should shut off with the hand throttle pushed all the way off

/ Fuel Pump Adjustment?
I made the adjustment to the fuel pump rod as suggested. Works like a charm now. Maybe one more tweak as it still wants to run just a little bit when it's good and warm. Thanks for the help. I've got 4 hrs. on the Yanmar now and every one of them has been a joy. What a great little tractor! One of tnem seats from a John Deere 790 might be nice though for my rough pasture. (Oh yeah, I forgot, the JD parts guy says nothing's interchangeable. Sure.

/ Fuel Pump Adjustment? #8  
My 1401D slows down to 500 rpm with the throttle all the way off and it has a mechanical button to shut off the fuel completely. I had another 1401D that didn't have the shutoff button and I had to use the compression release.

/ Fuel Pump Adjustment? #9  
That's funny, My JD guy sold me a banjo bolt to go in the top of the injector and my Yanmar runs like a champ. Alot interchanges, it's just getting the part numbers or a helpful clerk. I have the second, they want to make money and aren't too concerned what tractor I put the parts on-JD or Yanmar.

/ Fuel Pump Adjustment? #10  
Hosejockey,

Where is that shut off button on your 1401d, I have a button just below that dash on mine that has something to do with the throttle (have not figured it out yet). Is that what that button is for, it seems to be hooked to the linkage in some way. Mine tries to stay running when warm when I dump the hand throttle, however if I go up in rpm and then dump the hand throttle real quick it will usually die.