fuel pump issue. made me laugh!!

/ fuel pump issue. made me laugh!! #1  

deere485

Tractor
x485
:laughing:Newbie, been here less than 12 hours and already been saved by this forum! Thanks guys. Solution found, but it's raising more questions.

One of the threads talked about the fuel line connecting the fuel pump to the plate cracking. Symptoms sounded like mine (until my X485 died completely). Taking fuel pump out of tank, looking for cracks in that 2" section of line. Lifting it out, no cracks. More lifting, no cracks, then...NO FUEL PUMP! GAH! At least it was still attached to the wiring harness! No wonder it quit!!

I looked at the inside of that 2" piece of fuel line, since the pump was ALREADY DETACHED, and it looked fine. I was able to slide the fuel pump back into the line past the clamp, with a fair amount of effort so I don't think it will come out again too soon. At least I'll know where to look next time it runs crappy (as in bad, not the fish, or is that crappie?). Now it runs perfect, again. Hasn't run like that for about 3 years. I've been chasing a surge/lean cylinder problem for that long.

thanks again

/ fuel pump issue. made me laugh!! #2  
Don't you love a repair that just takes time and not $$$ :thumbsup:

Ken