Fuel stabalizer

/ Fuel stabalizer #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
Im tired of having problems with small engine carbs and I plan to do something about it.

In my area finding ethanol free gas isnt easy and from what I have read dosent necessarily solve the problem.

I know that running the fuel tank empty at the end of the season isnt the answer either because Ive seen first hand the powdery white residue left behind after things dry out.

What do you guys do to not have any problems?

Im looking into a fuel additive called Sta-Bil. I know little about any of these additives.

/ Fuel stabalizer #3  
You have had small engine carb issues because your useing un stabilized E10 fuel. Stabil will help but E0 fuel that's stabilized will really help.

How hard is it to find E0 fuel? Did you use pure-gas.com to final a local station?

/ Fuel stabalizer #4  
You have had small engine carb issues because your useing un stabilized E10 fuel. Stabil will help but E0 fuel that's stabilized will really help.

How hard is it to find E0 fuel? Did you use pure-gas.com to final a local station?
it's here actually but it's not local (15 miles from here) and it's super expensive to boot. Marine Stabil works just as well.

/ Fuel stabalizer #5  
My boat mechanic said the "blue" stabilizer from StarBright is best for my 2-cycle engine. On everything else, (gator,Tractor, mower...) I use Sea Foam. I am not a chemist, so I cannot say what ingredients are the best in what percentage, but many people I know use this for Gas/Diesel fuel. Many products out there, hard to know. In the past, had used Diesel Kleen for the tractor.
All that said, my opinion is like grease - best to always grease it.

/ Fuel stabalizer #6  
I've used Stabil or it's Canadian Tire knock off since.....forever, never had a problem with fuel going bad. I add a 30-50ml to a 10L can everytime I get fuel as I never know how long the fuel will be sitting. If I know something will be laid up for awhile I'll overdose it. Had a tank of fuel in my woodspliiter for well over a year, probably closer to two years, second pull and away she went and ran the tank dry without a hitch.
Mind you saying that, our fuel here (Nova Scotia) doesn't have methanol it's actually gas and gas only. I check it every couple of months...........Mike

/ Fuel stabalizer #8  
Bottom line here is.. If the gummit didn't fool with motor fuel in the first place, none of the elixir's would be required.
Sad but definitely true...........Mike

/ Fuel stabalizer #9  
I use Stabil in all the gas that goes into small engines and the car I store over the winter and have had no problems. I can only get E-10 here and haven't had issues. I'm not sure how much worse E-10 is than pure gasoline, but Stabil extended the life of pure gas also. It's not purely an E-10 problem.

/ Fuel stabalizer #10  
Been using StaBil in my gas powered equipment for about 30 yrs and have had zero carb problems. Even my little push mower that sits a year or two between uses fires right up with one or two pulls of the starter rope with StaBil in it. I also use their marine formula in my boat and their diesel formula in my tractor and have zero issues. It’s good stuff, just be mindful of where you store your equipment and fuel; if you leave either out in the elements and water collects in it you’ll still have problems. But barring water and dirt intrusion StaBil will keep your carbs clean and your fuel fresh.