Fuel Storage Tank and Stand

/ Fuel Storage Tank and Stand #31  
No one but LBrown can buy an electric pump for $70 and that must have been many years ago. .....A TSC or Northern Tool 12 volt or 110 volt fuel pump now with cost you almost $400. For the folks who havent priced tanks pumps etc, new hand pumps are almost $200, electric are $400,

Says you :D I just picked up an all steal hand pump from TSC for 45$ :cool: Economy Rotary Hand Pump the one i got was made in the us as well! 12V 15gpm fuel pump for 240$

/ Fuel Storage Tank and Stand #33  
Mr. Brown,

I wish you would put a guard over that bare light bulb in such close proximity to all that fuel, or better yet upgrade the light fixture. We're all looking forward to your next 10,000 posts and would hate for anything to happen to you to prevent this. :eek:

kj

/ Fuel Storage Tank and Stand #34  
Mr. Brown,

I wish you would put a guard over that bare light bulb in such close proximity to all that fuel, or better yet upgrade the light fixture. We're all looking forward to your next 10,000 posts and would hate for anything to happen to you to prevent this. :eek:

kj

I agree with Kubota-guy that was the second thing that stood out to me. The first was what a cool setup you have.

/ Fuel Storage Tank and Stand #35  
GI Joe,
If you're still looking for a gauge for your tank you might be able to use what I replaced my float type gauge with on my boat- it is an induction type gauge that uses NO FLOAT and reads the tank level by resistance and allows for adjustment of the full level based on what YOU set the full mark at with a full 'screw' and an empty 'screw'.
Look for induction type fuel gauges on the net.

Another thing I might do slightly differently is add a fuel water separator filter prior to your fuel filter on the output line. Parts are available at TSC.
I put both on my rig to catch any water as it comes out of the line toward my tractor's tank.

/ Fuel Storage Tank and Stand
Coyote,

Thanks for the info on the fuel gage, I'll check them out.

The filter I use on my tank is a Goldenrod 596-5 water block fuel filter (from TSC). Once it has absorbed enough water it will start restricting the flow of fuel, indicating a need to change the filter.

Joe

/ Fuel Storage Tank and Stand #37  
GIJoe,

That's what I am using too. Don't you want to include a standard fuel filter too to have double protection; ie. beyond the fuel water separator?

If you can't find the gauges I'm referring to let me know and i will find the manufacturer/distributor I bought mine from.

CM

Coyote,

I don't think it's necessary to have two filters. The 596-5 filter also has a 10 micron rating.

The only gages I could find were dash style for autos. If you don't mind, post the info you have.

Joe

/ Fuel Storage Tank and Stand #39  
GI Joe,
Here is the link to the fuel sender for the gauge I have on my boat. I mistakenly spoke of the unit as a gauge when in fact it is a universal sender for a gauge....

Gauge Senders, Fuel Level

I strongly urge you to call their toll free # and discuss what you are trying to do. As I thought about the application I realized you would also need a gauge in addition to the fuel sender units shown on the link page, and a 12 volt battery source to make the gauge and sender show a readout.
I would also download the install instructions and read them because they state that the sender unit will peg the gauge to overfull if there is water present in the fuel you are adding to your tank, even if only a 1/4 full as you fill up. That would be a good thing to know before filling further.

The sender comes in various lengths for different tank depths, and you should verify BEFORE buying that the hole diameter and gasket hole locations match your tank's configuration.

At worst they could send you to someone who makes senders/gauges for diesel tanks specifically...

I hope this is useful.
Post back if you have further questions.

CM

Coyote,

Thanks for the info. I don't think that application will work. I'm looking for a mechanical type gage that doesn't need any power.

Joe