Full figured 25hp Tractors

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #91  
The $1500 for the TYM gets 1000 pounds more capacity on the 3-pt and loader. Congrats on the tractor, and I wish you many years of happy tractoring

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #92  
haven't read all the replies. but, wondering why you're spending all this money on a replacement tractor of the same 25 hp range? why are you limiting yourself to 25 hp?
best regards in your purchase,

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors
haven't read all the replies. but, wondering why you're spending all this money on a replacement tractor of the same 25 hp range? why are you limiting yourself to 25 hp?
best regards in your purchase,
Money :). Did I need a tractor? Nope, not really. In my estimation, I can do stuff about 10 times faster. Now, let's face it, I could absolutely do most or all of it by hand, and frankly, I probably have the time, but Would I spend 10 hours in 98 degrees moving scrap metal out of the woods? Probably not, but spend 1 hour on a machine, doing same, yep. My goal was as much as I could get, with $2k down, and $300/month. Yes, I'm slightly over the $300/month, but not by that much. Can't remember exact payment, but I make $350/month payments. Think it's $318/month, minimum.

I'm only on a 2 acre piece, about 1/3 woods. I'm not, currently, putting in food plots, 1/2 acre gardens, ect. Now, if (when?) I get more like the 10 acres I want, would I possibly trade the Ck2610 in on a 40 hp, yes. But that's just not the machine or budget, for what I need now.

Edit: re-read the post; I think missed the main point; I did have a Kubota L285 2wd, no loader, and it Always had something wrong with it, and was a pain in the butt; after replacing the steering box/pitman arm, I decided to sell it; literally was taking pictures of it to post for sale, and see smoke, not the regular good smoke, that nasty blueish stinky electric smoke; wires burning. When I bought it, no joke, I used money from scrap wire, to buy it from a guy in Morriston, who buys Weeks Auctions non-running line, and resells. Had aluminum foil twist in place of a fuse, Ford cut out rims, brazed to Kubota centers (on front), battery box was rusted almost completely away (replaced with folded street sign box), hydralic issues, fuel line issues, non-stop electric issues, water pump, and in the end, it wasn't That useful, without a loader. Now, that's a 1976 machine, that looked like it was abandoned in a field for atleast half of those years, so I'm not trashing Kubota

Last edited:
   / Full figured 25hp Tractors #94  
OP: all good points, sounds like you've well thought it out. I'm an equip freak myself, always have been. the 1st question when i ask myself when i have new machinery lust is what exactly will the new purchase solve that i can't do currently. I understand where you're coming from, & been on both sides of the fence between getting things done with what you have....or....?
:) best regards

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #95  
Good to hear you're happy! Do you mind snapping a picture of where your soft hydraulic lines are hanging? I'm wondering if it's the area I'm thinking of.
Your tires sound like they're getting uncomfortably close.

Good to hear you're happy! Do you mind snapping a picture of where your soft hydraulic lines are hanging? I'm wondering if it's the area I'm thinking of.
Your tires sound like they're getting uncomfortably close.
Will do tomorrow in the light.

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #97  
I hate when people don't update a thread with some results, so; I've only ran my CK2610 about 30 hours so far. May 9th, picked up, and it's Early September now, so, can't say I've heavily used it so far; but so far, it's great. If money wasn't an issue, more HPs would have been nice, but it hasn't been an issue really. Still running unloaded tires, with either a 72" Frontier Boxblade or 54" Ford 917L flail on the back for weight. moved a lot of old dead scrub oaks, filled a big hole, added dirt to shooting backstop, lot of regular old yard mowing, moved a couple tons of scrap metal. Also worked on a fence a bit, and cleared the property lines for the fence.

So, that's only about 7 hours per month, so not heavy use by any means.

Only thing I would kinda add; the loader hydralic hoses are pretty explosed where they go down from quick couplers, and if you back up, with wheels cut all the way, the fronts very nearly rub the hoses. Had a heck of a time getting front axle pivot zerk to take grease, but eventually did. Ended up lifting front end off ground with loader while pumping grease. it's one of those funny 90 degree zerks, so that might be part of it.

Had some driveway work planned, but with the aggregate shortages, and the insane prices right now, I haven't ordered the material (it's about 150 ft long, and really need about 60 tons, including back-around).

Edit: almost forgot, I got the cheap Vevor clamp on forks, for moving wood, metal panels, and pallets. Put my generator, welder, and some tools on a pallet, and ran it down to work on gate posts. Don't know that people talk about how nice that part is. Sure could have wheeled generator down there, fighting the small wheels and sand, then carried the welder, and tools, seperately...
Those forks are good for light weight stuff as you describe.
People have bent the bucket however when doing heavy duty stuff such as a 1000Lb tree stem or a pallet of heavy building material.
That is a very nice tractor and wish you good fortune w it.

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #98  
Oh man. Never go to a dealer flashing your down payment and want for a specific monthly payment. You probably overpaid. It's the same as buying a car. Look for the product then discuss financials. Let them convince you with the deal--Not the other way around. Kioti is offering a lot of incentive programs until September 30. I bet it gets extended when the lots start overflowing with the 2024s. There's a lot of dealers going hungry now. If they're not willing to deal, be prepared to walk out and go somewhere else. The prices have already been boosted on the 2023s. Don't fall for the sales pitch.

Guess I wasn't specific; I never discussed any of that with the dealer, but I had a budget for myself, and was looking within that budget.

I also will add, the loan rates weren't fantastic as my credit isn't very good, not awful, but well below 700.

The budget ain't 100% set in stone, and but I was really trying to not make my payment a major burden. The down payment was from the sale I'd the old machine.

Could I have gotten twice the machine for only $100-200 more per month... maybe, but got to watch that mission creep. I'm currently 40 yrs old, so I can always reasses my needs/budget again in the future.

Budget also dictated not getting grapple, 3rd function, or any brand new impliments at this time. Lot of people seem to get drawn into the idea of a $20-25k machine, and end up with a 40k package... those folks are fishing in the deeper end of the budget pool than me.

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #100  
Still, never talk about a budget up front. Look at the tractor you need for what you want to get done. If it's 25hp then so be it. Let the dealer talk money. Do your research before you get there. 20% off for a 2023 would just start me thinking since they've already been marked up at least 10% since summer. Any way, you got what you got. If you're happy, that's what counts. ;)