Snow Fun in the snow

/ Fun in the snow #1  

AlbanySamurai

Bronze Member
Tractor
2017 MASSEY-FERGUSON GC1720 TLB
Haven’t posted in a bit. Did you guys use you machine in the snow? IMG_4667.JPGIMG_4658.JPG

/ Fun in the snow #2  
Geez I wish, no snow where I live!! But lots of mud :laughing:

/ Fun in the snow #3  
The usual, my 2360 front-mount blower. Hard to beat that, and I don't get the high ridges plows leave -- there's certainly enough of that around here, blocking views of the road on driveways, intersections, etc. A bit dangerous in places, methinks.

DSC09352.jpg

/ Fun in the snow #4  
Mostly for pushing snow banks w a y back around house shed from roof cleaning....sure beats walk behind blower.

/ Fun in the snow #5  
...Did you guys use you machine in the snow?

What are you kidding?...if it were not for playing in the snow a good portion of the TBN membership could get by with just a lawn mower...!

/ Fun in the snow #6  
Well - I had an inch and a half. Then it turned warm and rained. I now have green grass. Our heaviest snows come in Jan & Feb - if we are going to get anything. Certainly looks like you got your fair share ......

/ Fun in the snow #7  
What are you kidding?...if it were not for playing in the snow a good portion of the TBN membership could get by with just a lawn mower...!
It's really the only reason I got mine. I put the MMM on it so that it would not sit all summer and so that I do not need to find a place to store another tool for mowing. I didn't take any pictures, it took me 4 hours over 2 days to clean up after last weeks weather. Then it got windy and I spent another hour moving the drifts on Saturday.

/ Fun in the snow #8  
I only had 6" of wet snow saturated with rain. I plowed off the pavement first then I just packed down the gravel drive by driving on it. Yawn...:yuck:

/ Fun in the snow #9  
There gets a time or an age where 'fun in the snow' is no more.
It then becomes another 4 letter word.

That is when you live where 20/25 events occur annually and mixed with too many freezing rain interludes.
But then we are in a so called snow belt.

Just this last few days we've had daily dumpings, not a lot, just enough to cover that which the dog did.
But enough to cause many fender benders and foul language.

/ Fun in the snow #10  
nope...never...
front.jpg rear_1.jpg rear_2.jpg side.jpg drainage1.jpg

most of my snow play in 2500HD with Boss plow though. then bobcat s595 sometimes. then this gc2400 or neighbors mf1532