further to 1033- 1066

/ further to 1033- 1066 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I was wrong in my orginal post for a 1033- it is actually a 1066- I know you all are probably laughing now, but that is what I would like to have any one's opion on !!!

/ further to 1033- 1066
Re: 1066

The 1066 is a good tractor, you will be glad you got it.

/ further to 1033- 1066
A friend has owned a 1066 since the 70s. Hr meter is now broken but they think it has about 10000 hrs on it. Runs well but they are considering an engine overhaul. Notice this series of tractor in Pro Stock pulling contests, they are able to get 2000 plus HP out of it and have it hold together, one very tough horse of a tractor. I also think you can put a 4wd front end on it if it doesn't already have it.

/ further to 1033- 1066 #4  
Re: 1066

Hi ya's
The 1066 is a good tractor but has got a few weak links one is the brakes on the ones i have driven they are all dry brakes and the wear on them is high (but eazy to work on and fix)the motor is very strong and you should not have any probs there .the T/A is a nother weak link but as long as it changed with full power it's ok (don't let it lug down before changeing )as it uses hyd pres to hold the plates if the pres is to low it slips on the plates before changeing ,the other thing to look at is the 3 point linkage arms if someone has screwed them out to far they can pull out of the screw casting .the only other thing i would look at is the pump and injectors if it's got higher hours 8000+ if you want any other info let me know i have a book on most tractors over 100 Hp that has good and bad points that i can dig out and look up for you
cya
JD Kid