Fuse problems

/ Fuse problems #1  

shn

I have an earthforce ef3 loader/backhoe. A couple of years ago bob cat insisted that a safety engage switch be installed. Basically this button must be pressed before the tractor will move. Long story short the tractor now only moves when the button is pressed down continuosly and it continues to blow fuses does anyone know anything about earthfoces particularly an ef3 model or could email me an accurate schematic of the fusebox. Oh by the way all the wires are red accept for one black one that goes to this ******* safety switch. Any response would be greatly appreciated, I need this thing up and running asap

/ Fuse problems
I have an earthforce ef3 loader/backhoe. A couple of years ago bob cat insisted that a safety engage switch be installed. Basically this button must be pressed before the tractor will move. Long story short the tractor now only moves when the button is pressed down continuosly and it continues to blow fuses does anyone know anything about earthfoces particularly an ef3 model or could email me an accurate schematic of the fusebox. Oh by the way all the wires are red accept for one black one that goes to this ******* safety switch. Any response would be greatly appreciated, I need this thing up and running asap

/ Fuse problems #3  
Sounds to me like you have a relay that is not working correctly. A momentary pressing of the switch should should energize the relay. Once energized it probably keeps its self energized internally, or it's held energized by another power source. The fuse is probably just protecting the circuit that is used for initially energizing the relay and is not designed for continual use.

Trace the red wires and see if one of them runs to a relay hidden somewhere.

/ Fuse problems #4  
Sounds to me like you have a relay that is not working correctly. A momentary pressing of the switch should should energize the relay. Once energized it probably keeps its self energized internally, or it's held energized by another power source. The fuse is probably just protecting the circuit that is used for initially energizing the relay and is not designed for continual use.

Trace the red wires and see if one of them runs to a relay hidden somewhere.

/ Fuse problems
problem solved I decided to bypass the switch thereby making it useless and I don't have to worry about blown fuses.

/ Fuse problems
problem solved I decided to bypass the switch thereby making it useless and I don't have to worry about blown fuses.

/ Fuse problems #7  
shn,
I would change out the switch. It sounds like the switch was the problem. There must be a valid reason for the switch in the first place, the clarifier is the word "safety" switch. Hate to read about you in the newspaper.
Farwell

/ Fuse problems #8  
shn,
I would change out the switch. It sounds like the switch was the problem. There must be a valid reason for the switch in the first place, the clarifier is the word "safety" switch. Hate to read about you in the newspaper.
Farwell

/ Fuse problems #9  
Just a guess, but it may be that your installer just installed an inline switch instead of a relay?

In that case, the switch probably isn't rated for the amps of that line. It should use a relay.

The other thing that immediately comes to mind is since this is an addon switch, perhaps it is shorting somewhere. Check the back of the switch, the other end of the wires, and the routing of the wires for intermittent contact/rubbing.

My safety switch is the ignition key. If not installed it doesn't run. If I start the engine, I am assuming I want it to run /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OSHA requires "idiot switches" on some equipment, like forklifts and such that people get on and off a lot /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

-JC