Future inline 6 version of the Cruze 4 cylinder 2.0L turbo diesel for light pickups ?

/ Future inline 6 version of the Cruze 4 cylinder 2.0L turbo diesel for light pickups ?
My mistake on the HP. 222HP with an inline 3L turbo six version of the Cruze Fiat engine.

/ Future inline 6 version of the Cruze 4 cylinder 2.0L turbo diesel for light pickups ? #12  
I would not hold your breath on a 1/2 ton diesel. Now with Dodge and Ford being innovative and getting mid 20's with gas engines it makes a 30mpg gassers not too far fetched.

Chris

/ Future inline 6 version of the Cruze 4 cylinder 2.0L turbo diesel for light pickups ? #13  
I would not hold your breath on a 1/2 ton diesel. Now with Dodge and Ford being innovative and getting mid 20's with gas engines it makes a 30mpg gassers not too far fetched.

Chris

Dodge has been testing them. Read on another forum that 5 were spotted pulling into a subwsy parking lot. If CAFE standards keep going up, they will need a light duty diesel to meet them.

/ Future inline 6 version of the Cruze 4 cylinder 2.0L turbo diesel for light pickups ? #14  
Dodge has been testing them. Read on another forum that 5 were spotted pulling into a subwsy parking lot. If CAFE standards keep going up, they will need a light duty diesel to meet them.

So has GM with a baby Dmax, Nissan with a 4 cylinder Cummins, Ford with a baby PowerStroke, ect. I am sure they are all testing but getting it to market is another story.

Chris

Last edited:
   / Future inline 6 version of the Cruze 4 cylinder 2.0L turbo diesel for light pickups ? #15  
So has GM with a baby Dmac, Nissan with a 4 cylinder cummins, Ford with a baby PowerStroke, ect. I am sure they are all testing but getting it to market is another story.

Chris

I do not know what it is with the North American market, but we seem to get screwed when it comes to light duty 1500,150, and compact trucks.) diesels. We really need one.

/ Future inline 6 version of the Cruze 4 cylinder 2.0L turbo diesel for light pickups ?
I do not know what it is with the North American market, but we seem to get screwed when it comes to light duty 1500,150, and compact trucks.) diesels. We really need one.

Need a diesel light truck for what?
Check the price of diesel and gasoline in Europe along with the emissions regulations. Now check the price of gasoline and diesel in the US and the extra emissions equipment.
Tell me why a direct injection gasser makes more power , is cheaper to build and service and costs the same or less per mile driven?
It's 2013, not 1985.

/ Future inline 6 version of the Cruze 4 cylinder 2.0L turbo diesel for light pickups ? #17  
What makes the 4.5 so radical is the design is way different. The intakes are on the opposite side with the exhaust side in the valley, and the turbo sits on top. The exhaust goes between the engine and firewall. It remains an unproven design concept for a diesel.

HS

/ Future inline 6 version of the Cruze 4 cylinder 2.0L turbo diesel for light pickups ? #18  
Ford is using the same design in the 6.7, Gm has a Colorado they make in thailand, with a 3.0 liter diesel. The torque is substantial. I lost the article. With the new fuel economy ratings coming out the 4.5 may be coming out, the use of urea opens a lot of power potential for diesels.

/ Future inline 6 version of the Cruze 4 cylinder 2.0L turbo diesel for light pickups ? #19  
Need a diesel light truck for what?
Check the price of diesel and gasoline in Europe along with the emissions regulations. Now check the price of gasoline and diesel in the US and the extra emissions equipment.
Tell me why a direct injection gasser makes more power , is cheaper to build and service and costs the same or less per mile driven?
It's 2013, not 1985.
Up here where prices of both are almost equal and hovering around or over $6/gallon, the cost of the diesel upgrade will give a fairly quick return on investment. And the longevity from its setvice life will give a payback also. We are an oilrich country, but you would never know it by what we are paying.

You need to loik at the savings over the entire ownership, not just per fill up.

Up here where prices of both are almost equal and hovering around or over $6/gallon, the cost of the diesel upgrade will give a fairly quick return on investment. And the longevity from its setvice life will give a payback also. We are an oilrich country, but you would never know it by what we are paying.

You need to loik at the savings over the entire ownership, not just per fill up.
I live up here too with gasoline and diesel at $1.29 a litre. Over the life of the vehicle including the higher service costs and upkeep of the diesel compared to simple gasser engine. The diesel doesn't break even on fuel until after it's out of warranty. I can purchase a lot of gasoline for the price of and the time lost with a diesel having an out of pocket bill for 8 new common rail injectors.
As for engine life? It's 2013 not 1982 with carbs and leaded fuel. Any old gasser now runs 300,000 miles and nobody is surprised.