FX24D photos?

/ FX24D photos? #31  
no lights at startup.
Same problem on the second YM186D I just bought. After considerable troubleshooting I found that while the master fuse tested ok it didn't make good contact into its socket. Cleaned the entire fusebox and now I'm good for another 30 years.

Your Youtube vids sound fine. I don't hear any problem. One thing that seemed odd to me, the first half showing 1500 rpm on the tach sounds like just above idle, only slightly faster that what the starter motor turns it. I wonder if the tach is accurate. I expected it would show 1100 rpm at that noise level.

My Big Twin YM240 of similar displacement sounds raw and primitive compared to your FX24D. Here's a cold start vid I made similar to yours. The first half of the vid is at 1500 rpm.

/ FX24D photos? #32  
Same problem on the second YM186D I just bought. After considerable troubleshooting I found that while the master fuse tested ok it didn't make good contact into its socket. Cleaned the entire fusebox and now I'm good for another 30 years.

Your Youtube vids sound fine. I don't hear any problem. One thing that seemed odd to me, the first half showing 1500 rpm on the tach sounds like just above idle, only slightly faster that what the starter motor turns it. I wonder if the tach is accurate. I expected it would show 1100 rpm at that noise level.

My Big Twin YM240 of similar displacement sounds raw and primitive compared to your FX24D. Here's a cold start vid I made similar to yours. The first half of the vid is at 1500 rpm.

I agree with California, the tach sounds slow.

/ FX24D photos? #33  
Sounded like mine at Higher RPM's. and at Lower when mine's about to cut off. At lower RPM's and the sound of it running at a higher speed the tach looks to be at least 500 rpms. off. Curious what it shows at Full Throttle?

/ FX24D photos?
Sounded like mine at Higher RPM's. and at Lower when mine's about to cut off. At lower RPM's and the sound of it running at a higher speed the tach looks to be at least 500 rpms. off. Curious what it shows at Full Throttle?

I checked it this weekend. When operating at full RPM it goes completely off of the gauge and down into the PTO RPM gauge. It still sounds good. The throttle set screw only has one tab (one is broken off?), and the paint on it looks like it has never been adjusted. Is there an easy way to calibrate/adjust the gauge? For the most part I don't care, but it might be good to know for operating implements.

/ FX24D photos? #35  
I checked it this weekend. When operating at full RPM it goes completely off of the gauge and down into the PTO RPM gauge. It still sounds good. The throttle set screw only has one tab (one is broken off?), and the paint on it looks like it has never been adjusted. Is there an easy way to calibrate/adjust the gauge? For the most part I don't care, but it might be good to know for operating implements.

I certainly don't know but have an opinion about everything. I just doubt the tach has any adjustments. Parts manual shows it has a little gear box right behind it similiar to the one on the gear case where the tach cable comes off. If the tach is steady I doubt any hope for it. If it is jumping around a good lube of cable and possible the tach also might help. Don't take any of this to the bank, just putting something out there for thought. You can buy one of these and check it out. Digital Photo Sensor Tachometer

/ FX24D photos? #36  
Just go by the sound of the Eng. for now. When you get a new Tach. then you can fine tune your Rpm's at certain tasks. I won't be any help either on the Fx Ser. :(Walked by a couple thats about it.

/ FX24D photos? #37  
I like the little Briggs and Stratton Tach 19200.

Old school, simple, near indestructible. Turn the cover to extend the wire until it vibrates then read the scale. Accurate, it matches the tachs on my Yanmars. Nothing to maintain, it should last forever. 40 years now and mine looks like new.

$25 on Ebay.

BSTach.jpg

/ FX24D photos? #39  
Definitely sounds like it registering wrong speed compared to my F18. One thing i noticed is the dash has F18 in the bottom right, like mine. Could the dash of been changed, there are a few other on here with larger F series Yanmars, if they could have a look to see if the marking on the dash matched the model of the tractor, or if they all sat F18?