FYI For Idiots

/ FYI For Idiots #21  
I am curious how that Ridgid lifetime warranty is gonna work out in the long run?

IF I was a betting man, I would bet they discontinue and/or change something every 8-10 years so they no longer have to support the stuff?

Like imagine if craftsman offered lieftime warranty on their 14.4v nicad stuff 25 years ago?.....IF you used the tools....by now you would be on your 5th or 6th set of tools.....and probably 100batteries in?

10 or so years ago I was having an issue with ridgid trying to get them to warranty pipe wrench that was fairly new. I was told these exact words by ridgid themselves:
"The lifetime warranty is only of the life expectancy of the tool, and not your lifetime"

/ FYI For Idiots #22  
I am curious how that Ridgid lifetime warranty is gonna work out in the long run?

IF I was a betting man, I would bet they discontinue and/or change something every 8-10 years so they no longer have to support the stuff?

Like imagine if craftsman offered lieftime warranty on their 14.4v nicad stuff 25 years ago?.....IF you used the tools....by now you would be on your 5th or 6th set of tools.....and probably 100batteries in?

10 or so years ago I was having an issue with ridgid trying to get them to warranty pipe wrench that was fairly new. I was told these exact words by ridgid themselves:
"The lifetime warranty is only of the life expectancy of the tool, and not your lifetime"
Only time will tell... but so far, so good. ;)