G series skid steer production delay?

/ G series skid steer production delay? #1  

johndeerefarmer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deere 6105R, Deere 620, Deere 340G, Deere 329D
Any one know what the hold up is with the G series skid steer. My dealer has none in stock and I went to order one and they told me it would be delivered in late January. When I bought my previous two (D and E series )the wait was about a month!

Someone made a comment on a Deere ad for skidsteers on Facebook that they were 8000 units behind in production. I am wondering is this is true? if so, why?

Thanks

/ G series skid steer production delay? #2  
Demond is high and production lines, as well as component supply constraints determine how many units can be made per day.

You can稚 just run the line faster because sales increase, and adding capacity when demand is high is not practical in a business with cyclic demand variations.

Class 8 trucks have an 8 month backlog now.

At the bottom of the cycle the plants shut down and lay off workers because there aren稚 enough orders to maintain line speed.

Feast or famine. Always has been for this type of equipment.

/ G series skid steer production delay?
Demond is high and production lines, as well as component supply constraints determine how many units can be made per day.

You can稚 just run the line faster because sales increase, and adding capacity when demand is high is not practical in a business with cyclic demand variations.

Class 8 trucks have an 8 month backlog now.

At the bottom of the cycle the plants shut down and lay off workers because there aren稚 enough orders to maintain line speed.

Feast or famine. Always has been for this type of equipment.

I have bought two Deere in the last few years. A skid steer in '13 and a CTL in '16. Neither took over a month and a half from order to deliver. I don't believe that Deere all of the sudden is so overwhelmed that they are 5-6 months behind schedule. Yes the economy is doing good but it's not that good! There has to be another reason.Either a shortage of parts or a delay due to an engineering change.

/ G series skid steer production delay? #4  
There was virtually no wait for class 8 trucks five years ago, and only a short wait two years ago.

Remember, it痴 not only Deere, it痴 the Supply chain also.

My Dear dealer is completely sold out of mini excavators. They ordered more than usual, but demand was high. They won稚 have more until spring.

This is a 3 store dealer in two states.