G1900 Opinions/Price? HELP!

/ G1900 Opinions/Price? HELP! #1  

GMO750

Tractor
None yet
I'm thinking about buying a used G1900 in good overall condition, 54" deck, 800 hours. Here are the few questions I have:

Any general opinions on this unit (good/bad)?

Is the deck on this machine shaft driven?

How much should I pay for this?

Should I just buy a new cub cadet 2500 series from my local dealer instead (I can't afford a comparable new Kubota)?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ G1900 Opinions/Price? HELP! #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm thinking about buying a used G1900 in good overall condition, 54" deck, 800 hours. Here are the few questions I have:

Any general opinions on this unit (good/bad)?

Is the deck on this machine shaft driven?
<font color="red"> Yes </font>

How much should I pay for this?

<font color="red"> $3650 plus shipping </font> /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Should I just buy a new cub cadet 2500 series from my local dealer instead (I can't afford a comparable new Kubota)?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )</font>

/ G1900 Opinions/Price? HELP! #3  
I have a G1800 and love it for its intended purpose - lawn/garden tractor. I probably abuse mine by using it to mow in a rough borrow ditch that is too steep for comfort on my B series Kubota, but it has never broken or let me down in 250+ hours so far. The quality and strength is very high. With reasonable care, I expect the diesel engine will outlast me.

I have two minor complaints; the cooling system isn't overly large (for Texas) and you have to be careful to keep all the screens and the radiator clean but if you do it won't run hot. The second thing is just that the little tractor is only 2WD and the turf tires will spin easily if the ground is wet at all. You'd probably never notice this unless you were mowing in a steep borrow ditch, but I frequently get mine stuck in that situation. Like I said, it's probably not the right tool for that job.

Like Neil said, it does have a mid-PTO to drive the belly mower. The mower goes on and off easily and quickly, is easy to service, and gives a good cut as long as you keep the blades sharp and don't use it for brush hogging.

I don't know what the second-hand market or prices are for these machines - they were very expensive new.

I've never had a Cub Cadet, but if I had the choice of a used Kubota diesel over any other lawn tractor or riding mower for a similar price, I would pick the Kubota every time. In my opinion, Kubota is like the Toyota of tractors - you will pay more up front for them than many other brands, but the quality is tangible and their longevity makes them good value for the money.

/ G1900 Opinions/Price? HELP!
LOL - you busted me Niel! Just trying to do some research - your machine does seem like a good deal. I'm still real indecisive though.

Any other opinions?