Gannon Earthcavator--Too Big?

/ Gannon Earthcavator--Too Big? #11  
Any idea how much it weighs? What will you be moving with it....sand, gravel, hard dirt, etc??
I wouldn't just buy it without insuring it will work for you.

I kinda doubt it will, too big of an implement for your rig, not to mention the turfs.

I also wouldn't cut it and reweld it. Lots of extra effort.....if it were me, I'd be looking at a 48" or lightweight 60"....

good luck!

/ Gannon Earthcavator--Too Big?
Resurrecting an old thread here where I was asking if a 6' (72") Gannon Earthcavator was too large for my Kubota B9200. I didn't buy the one initially listed on Craigslist but did find one down in Oklahoma a few weeks back. It finally dried out enough that today I took it out and played with it a little bit. I was very surprised how well the 22.5 HP B9200 handled the 740 pound behemoth even when using the rippers. I did notice that with a full "bucket" of earth that the 3PT was near it's lifting limit. It was readily apparent that the FWA was needed and it certainly pulls it's weight with the FEL holding the tractor's front end down. I never did run out of traction but noticed it was starting to load up the hydrostat so didn't really "push it" real hard.
I would agree that the 6' Gannon is a bit much for the B9200 and an inexperienced operator could probably overload the tractor. I'm planning to clean up the Gannon, repaint, decal and probably sell it eventually so that later I can wish I hadn't. I'm very impressed with the performance of the B9200 HSD which was built in the late 80's. I can't help but wonder if todays 22 HP tractors are the beast that it is. Of course, I'm prejudiced. I should point out that the action took place in a creek that is mostly silt. :)
Gannon 002.jpgGannon 001.JPG

Last edited: