Gannon Ek42 box blade

/ Gannon Ek42 box blade
You sold something because you didn't like the way it LOOKED on your tractor?? Can I borrow some money?

Yeah it made the BX's butt look big :rotfl:

It just kinda looked like a elephant carrying a ant. The lift arm attachments were low on it so if I went over a bump the BB would come off the ground with the 3PH all the way down so it wasn't that useful. I guess it was more geared toward a BX with a limited cat 1. I made money off of it too:D

Last edited:
   / Gannon Ek42 box blade #12  
I found my Bush Hog Rollover Box Blade by creating a search on eBay for ROLLOVER BOX BLADE, within 250 miles of my home, with e-mail notification. It took six months before enticing new-old-stock ROBB popped up. I purchased it, BUY IT NOW, not on auction, from a Deere dealership in Athens, Georgia for $599 + $140 freight.

If a 60" Gannon Earthcavator had popped up I would have bid on it.

If you create a search for GANNON BOX BLADE both the Gannon Rollover and "regular" box blades will show up. You want pretty broad eBay search perimeters to cover both agricultural and industrial sectors.

I used the word "bulldoze" to describe pushing dirt in reverse. Of course it is NOT bulldozing it is smoothing. Even with our rock-free sandy-loam in these parts I worry about potential to bend my lift arms because the box fills very rapidly with dirt in reverse.

With its weight of 630 pounds ROBB cuts nice going forward.

Last edited:
   / Gannon Ek42 box blade #13  
Dirt Dog makes a good heavy rollover box blade and it is reasonably priced. I have their 6' box blade on my MX5100 and it works great. The 6' box is 850 lbs. + or -. Rollovers are great! I think Dirt Dog makes the boxes for Bush Hog as well.

/ Gannon Ek42 box blade #14  
Hey, Guys,

Just a "heads-up" on the Gannon Roll-overs:
Before they were Gannon, the manufacturer was Gill. Same great BB. Watch CL, the want ad papers, etc, for a Gill. And they were also sold under the Woods brand name. Do a web search for "roll over blade" and you will see a bunch of them.
We discussed this on another thread, but I've used my 6' Gill behind a 100 hp tractor. I really don't know if you can hurt it. Great piece of equipment. :thumbsup:

/ Gannon Ek42 box blade #15  
Monroe Tuffline also has ROBB's in their lineup. Looks very similar to my Bush Hog ROBB, but Tufline units have bolt-on ripping teeth; mine are crimped on the shanks. My guess is many ROBB's currently available are imported from one implement factory in India. There is nothing wrong with the quality of my imported Bush Hog ROBB.

/ Gannon Ek42 box blade
I found my Bush Hog Rollover Box Blade by creating a search on eBay for ROLLOVER BOX BLADE, within 250 miles of my home, with e-mail notification. It took six months before enticing new-old-stock ROBB popped up. I purchased it, BUY IT NOW, not on auction, from a Deere dealership in Athens, Georgia for $599 + $140 freight.

If a 60" Gannon Earthcavator had popped up I would have bid on it.

If you create a search for GANNON BOX BLADE both the Gannon Rollover and "regular" box blades will show up. You want pretty broad eBay search perimeters to cover both agricultural and industrial sectors.

I used the word "bulldoze" to describe pushing dirt in reverse. Of course it is NOT bulldozing it is smoothing. Even with our rock-free sandy-loam in these parts I worry about potential to bend my lift arms because the box fills very rapidly with dirt in reverse.

With its weight of 630 pounds ROBB cuts nice going forward.

I will set up a search with email notification for a box blade on ebay, I did not know you could do that.

/ Gannon Ek42 box blade #17  
Hey, Guys,

Just a "heads-up" on the Gannon Roll-overs:
Before they were Gannon, the manufacturer was Gill. Same great BB. Watch CL, the want ad papers, etc, for a Gill. And they were also sold under the Woods brand name. Do a web search for "roll over blade" and you will see a bunch of them.
We discussed this on another thread, but I've used my 6' Gill behind a 100 hp tractor. I really don't know if you can hurt it. Great piece of equipment. :thumbsup:

I think that you may be wrong about that. Gannon started business in 1948-49 and Gill started in 1965. Gannon sold out to Woods around 2000 I believe Gill did the same . If a person knows what to look for, you can see the difference in the different makes. Gannon was the best IMO. ;)

/ Gannon Ek42 box blade
I think that you may be wrong about that. Gannon started business in 1948-49 and Gill started in 1965. Gannon sold out to Woods around 2000 I believe Gill did the same . If a person knows what to look for, you can see the difference in the different makes. Gannon was the best IMO. ;)

My Woods HBL84 is a Gill. At a quick glance it looks identical to a Tufline GB4 but they are completely different. I guess they all copy each others basic design.