Garage door seal lubrication

/ Garage door seal lubrication #1  

bcjmmac

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520
Bottom seal on garage doors tend to stack/freeze to concrete over the winter, despite my best intentions on keeping the garage dry. I致e used silicon spray with some success over the years, but was wondering if members have any recommendations? Garage is insulated (don稚 normally heat) with humidity control. Water mainly comes in with our vehicles or gets blown against the outside.

/ Garage door seal lubrication #2  
many years ago when manually changing tires on rims, we used brake fluid, no idea what the results would be after it dried

/ Garage door seal lubrication #3  
Check your local RV store. They sell spray cans of foaming “seal cleaner and conditioner” that works well on RV slideout seals, car door seals, and garage doors.

/ Garage door seal lubrication
Thanks. Will give it a try.

/ Garage door seal lubrication #6  
Chain Lube, chain/cable spray. Will make the rubber a little ‘tacky’ but will stop from sticking.

/ Garage door seal lubrication #9  
I changed the bottom garage door seal to a round one. You attach a grooved track to the bottom of the door and slide a rubber seal into the two grooves in the track. It essentially mades a "D" (rotated 90 degrees clockwise) at the bottom of the door. So far so good. Much better than the standard 'lipped' bottom seal. It doesn't freeze to the concrete.

DEWFPO

/ Garage door seal lubrication #10  
I changed the bottom garage door seal to a round one. You attach a grooved track to the bottom of the door and slide a rubber seal into the two grooves in the track. It essentially mades a "D" (rotated 90 degrees clockwise) at the bottom of the door. So far so good. Much better than the standard 'lipped' bottom seal. It doesn't freeze to the concrete.

DEWFPO

That is the type of seal I have on the shed door and it still froze maybe 2 times a winter. The last few years I rub some used motor oil on it and it takes care of it. Not enough to make a mess, just enough to keep the moisture away.