Garlic from China. What gives?

/ Garlic from China. What gives? #11  
I bought some spices and a spice rack from Walmart a little over a year ago. After I read the brochure inside the box, I found that all the spices came from "RED CHINA".

/ Garlic from China. What gives? #12  
I bought some spices and a spice rack from Walmart a little over a year ago. After I read the brochure inside the box, I found that all the spices came from "RED CHINA".

Hey! Wait a minute. . . Didn't America get discovered by some Portuguese fellow lookin' for a shortcut to the Far East spices? Have we come full circle?;)

Wait. . .maybe that was an Italian sailing for Spain. Those foreigners keep me confused.:D

/ Garlic from China. What gives? #13  
It ain't just garlic.....so much stuff is made in other countries now. Just did a spring tune-up on my JD mower. Bought a kit with filters, plugs etc.....from our local JD dealer. The fuel filter is clearly marked...."Made in Israel." Plugs came from Japan. Go figure.....had I known....would have had ***** pick me up a few filters on his recent trip.....at least something productive would have come about!:laughing:

/ Garlic from China. What gives? #14  
China makes A TON of garlic.

As a garlic lover, I go out of my way to buy either local grown or Ontario organic garlic. Its not always easy and sometimes I have to buy china garlic. Local or organic garlic really does have a better, stronger taste (so even though its more $$, you actually use less).

Where china really has the market is in processed garlic (peeled or peeled and chopped), almost all of that is china. Same goes for processed foods with garlic in it, you know they aren't buying Canadian or American grown organic garlic for that.

One thing that is actually a surprise, is that Costco's garlic powder is from California!. Actually, for powdered garlic it is not that bad.

/ Garlic from China. What gives? #15  
The first clue is...you bpught it at WalMart.

I believe that nearly 90% of the crap in walmart is manufactured in China. When Sam Walton was alive, 0% of the items sold in WalMart were made in China.

/ Garlic from China. What gives? #16  
I'm with you, six!! But, I've really drawn the line at CATFISH!! Living in Mississippi, the day I see Chinese catfish in the store - hey man, I'm gone!! Don't know where to, but...I won't be buying any! I'll catch my own!

/ Garlic from China. What gives? #17  
How about counterfiet auto parts from china,its bad enough getting a real part made in china.

/ Garlic from China. What gives? #18  
China makes A TON of garlic.

As a garlic lover, I go out of my way to buy either local grown or Ontario organic garlic. Its not always easy and sometimes I have to buy china garlic. Local or organic garlic really does have a better, stronger taste (so even though its more $$, you actually use less).

Where china really has the market is in processed garlic (peeled or peeled and chopped), almost all of that is china. Same goes for processed foods with garlic in it, you know they aren't buying Canadian or American grown organic garlic for that.

One thing that is actually a surprise, is that Costco's garlic powder is from California!. Actually, for powdered garlic it is not that bad.

Their minced garlic is California sourced too.

Sean

/ Garlic from China. What gives? #20  
Just finished reading a book about a Marine company fighting near the Chosin Reservoir during the Korean Conflict. They said that at night when the Chinese attacked you could smell garlic before you could see or hear them. Go figure.