Gas 1430 for sale on PT's site?

/ Gas 1430 for sale on PT's site? #21  
Thanks for all the replies and sorry it’s taken me a while to get back. As far as my diesel gos, it has about 2300 hrs. I’m pretty sure it needs a complete rebuild caused by my neglect. When it started burning oil I kept driving it and adding oil pretty often. Not often enough I guess because it broke a connecting rod I’m pretty sure.
Anyway, just looking on line it looks like a rebuilt Deutz runs about 6K plus the old core. That’s why I was considering one of the larger gas engines. Haven’t checked locally for a rebuild and maybe it can be done more reasonably.

/ Gas 1430 for sale on PT's site?
Sorry to hear that Reg.

Just for the record, did you ever change your timing belt? Or did it possibly have 2300 hours on it?

/ Gas 1430 for sale on PT's site? #23  
Thanks for all the replies and sorry it’s taken me a while to get back. As far as my diesel gos, it has about 2300 hrs. I’m pretty sure it needs a complete rebuild caused by my neglect. When it started burning oil I kept driving it and adding oil pretty often. Not often enough I guess because it broke a connecting rod I’m pretty sure.
Anyway, just looking on line it looks like a rebuilt Deutz runs about 6K plus the old core. That’s why I was considering one of the larger gas engines. Haven’t checked locally for a rebuild and maybe it can be done more reasonably.
Again, sorry for the issues.

Those prices sounds in the right ballpark to me. Depending on your local market(s), you might be able to find a used engine locally in some other powered device, but it won't have any sort of guarantee that it isn't also about to fail. I think that it is a personal call about tolerance for failures/risk, and how much you like/have time for tinkering.

All the best,

Peter