Gas cooktop - Where's the heat?

/ Gas cooktop - Where's the heat? #31  
But it would take half as much LP to produce the 94% efficiency as it would NG. No argument NG is probably cheaper overall but I'm thinking not by a lot. I can tell you if I had NG available I would be using it but I wouldn't take out my propane tank. I think once the feds have closed as many coal fired and nuke power plants as they are able you will see the price of NG become unaffordable.

Our last propane delivery in December was $2.70 per gallon. Based on that unit cost and the cost of NG ($1.27 per CCF) from the nearest utility company, we'd save a little more than 50% if we were hooked up to a gas main. It would cut our bill in half. To me, that's a lot.

And a lot of people pay MORE than $2.70 per gallon.

/ Gas cooktop - Where's the heat?
This is today's price here.

1707926984703.png

/ Gas cooktop - Where's the heat? #33  
Yep, NG is reasonable right now. It won't be for very long. We may reach a day when folks that have NG will be installing an LP tank.

/ Gas cooktop - Where's the heat? #34  
I went induction for the stove.

About as close as I could get to any type of gas. I figure it's a good middle ground for a stove (I still prefer a gas oven but it is what it is)

/ Gas cooktop - Where's the heat? #35  
Our stove is Propane, too. Initially, the contractor did it wrong and installed the NG fittings. It was like roasting weenies on a bonfire. (Maybe a little exaggeration)

Also frustrated that we couldn't get NG as we have 2 different NG lines crossing our property.

Not sure, but image looks like your flame is too low. We got a Samsung. Updated version of one we had on NG in the old house.

/ Gas cooktop - Where's the heat? #36  
Oh well none of this matters now, the gov____ment is taking away all sources of fossil fuels over the next 10-15 years.
Therefore, we will all be on the electric grid, and driving electric cars-under their complete control.
Behave badly or do something they don’t like and they can just shut you off.

Plus they can tax the pants off you, too. Where else you gonna go?

/ Gas cooktop - Where's the heat? #37  
Oh well none of this matters now, the gov____ment is taking away all sources of fossil fuels over the next 10-15 years.
Therefore, we will all be on the electric grid, and driving electric cars-under their complete control.
Behave badly or do something they don’t like and they can just shut you off.

Plus they can tax the pants off you, too. Where else you gonna go?
At 81 I have already passed on the torch to my oldest son (youngest son as many of you know is with our Lord) anyway HD sad to say you all are going to have to deal with it . . . ;).

/ Gas cooktop - Where's the heat? #38  
And a lot of people pay MORE than $2.70 per gallon.
We just paid $3.49 a couple weeks ago.
We're a relatively light user...maybe 140 gal/yr tops. I'm sure it's cheaper for higher volume users.
NG doesn't come anywhere near us so LP is the only choice if you want gas.

/ Gas cooktop - Where's the heat? #39  
LP here,--- ditched the damn electric junk 15 years ago! -- I can fine tune the gas to run my pressure canner and never could on the electric junk. ---- PLUS its a hotter heat!

/ Gas cooktop - Where's the heat? #40  
Electric induction stoves outperform gas and conventional electric stoves pretty handily when it comes to heating. I'd get one at our house except for a few things...

- we'd have to add an electric circuit and I'm all out of space in my 100amp box.
- I'd have to buy all new cookware, as I'm still using the Revere Ware we got for our wedding in 1985, plus several other pieces I've picked up over the years. I'm so used to it. Still nice and shiny, too.
- our canners and pressure cookers are steel and aluminum.