Oil & Fuel Gas in my Oil.

/ Gas in my Oil. #11  
I'd think that if there is gas in the vacuum line, the only way it can get there is if the diaphragm in the fuel pump is punctured. So instead of just sucking on the back of the diaphragm to pump the fuel, it's sucking gas through the diaphragm into the engine.

I think your diagnosis of a bad fuel pump is correct.

/ Gas in my Oil.
Thanks MossRoad.
I was hoping that was it.
So I will go a head and change the oil again, and install the new Fuel Pump.
I think I need to replace the line from the Fuel Pump to the ??? (engine) other end, it looks cracked, but man is it hard to get to under there.

/ Gas in my Oil. #13  
What can cause gas to be IN the Oil? I have a PT 422, with a gas shut off valve between gas tank and carb that I installed years ago...

My aftermarket shutoff valve internals failed... I thought I was shutting things off and it was wide open. So shut the valve, pop the hose off, and make sure it is working like you think it is.

/ Gas in my Oil.
tmarks 11, thanks, I never thought about that. It is a plastic shut off I installed years ago. So yes, I will check to make sure its operating properly.

/ Gas in my Oil. #15  
This is more about your engine, but you'll want to drain the oil, replace oil filter refill with oil DONT start the engine. Pop spark plugs out, turn the engine over kinda like you would to get the air out when replacing the hydraulic filter, don't cook your starter motor. Drain the oil, replace the oil filter and refill.

I'm assuming you musta lost the needle valve as to why you replaced it? Check to see if your valve is right side up, so i can seal, and the float is reattached correctly no junk impeding the valve from sealing. These are things i've run into in the past. It would be interesting to see what your shutoff valve looks like when it on and off

/ Gas in my Oil.
Well, cqaigy2, I did not see your post (sadly for me) before I tried starting the engine.

I put a new "needle valve" in because I thought this is where the gas was getting by into the oil.
I put a new "fuel pump" on, and all new "fuel hoses".
I put a new "fuel shut off valve" on from TSC, a metal one(Raider Universal), not the plastic (B&S) ones.
I put new "oil" (after draining the old, that had gas in it) and a new "oil filter" on.

I checked the level of oil (story on that in a minute below) and it showed exactly where it needed to be on the steel rod dip stick.

Then, I cranked it over. It took about 4-5 times of cranking and adjusting the choke before the engine started to run.
BUT, OH MY! The engine was making a LOUD metal clanking / clunking sound while running!

I tried to shut it down AS FAST as I could, turning key off, turning the fuel shutoff valve off and putting the choke on. Seemed like forever before it shut down, though it was probably about 45-60 seconds.
Since my "solenoid fuel valve" is not working (they want over a $100 for a new one...crazy) that is, it would not draw in the plunger to allow the fuel to flow when I turned the key to on, so I cut the plunger off and reinstalled it, the engine doesn't shut off immediately when turning key off. The fuel remaining in the line from the fuel pump to the carb has to burn off.

Now, the dip stick story.
When I changed the oil, I refilled with about 800 ml of oil (it should be a total of about 1525 ml). I got side tracked with a phone call, had to go take care of another job right away. Did not get back to the PT until 2-3 days later.
Checked the oil on the dip stick, oil level was showing exactly where it should be on the full line.
After cranking the engine over, it running with the clanking / clunking metal sound, then shutting it down, I checked the oil level again. It showed exactly where it should be, BUT then, I remembered I had only put in about 800 ml!!!
But why did it show me full on the dip stick?????

Looking at the dip stick, the rubber stopper on the steel rod looks like it has slid all the way up to the bottom of the steal ring you grab to pull the dip stick out, and if the rubber stopper did (not sure exactly where that rubber stopper should be on the steel rod), then obviously the level mark on the end of the steel rod is now down further than it should be! Thus showing oil level full!!!

Now, I'm not sure if that rubber stopper moved or not, but its the only thing I can think of why it shows full oil level, but I remembered I only put in 800 ml, not 15250 ml.

So, now is my engine shot?
Or, do I put in another 700+ ml of oil and try to crank it over again?

Again, to ALL, thank you for your input and advice.

/ Gas in my Oil. #17  
I'd think the louder than normal clanking might possibly be from not having as much oil in the engine, so not dampening the engine sound as much. If it were me, with my memory span, i'd dump the oil out and put the correct amount back in. So either the engine was just noisy because of lack of oil and not damaged, or it got damaged from not having enough oil to lubricate it. Either way you're going to probably run it, after the correct amount of oil is in the engine.

/ Gas in my Oil. #18  
It's dieseling for 45-60 seconds? Ouch!

Check:
Fuel cutoff solenoid.
Too high of idle setting.
Intake valves.
Timing.

/ Gas in my Oil. #19  
Wow. That seems like an amazingly deficient dipstick design. What a story.

If you didn't run the engine for very long, I wouldn't sweat it. In all likelihood, the oil pump had enough oil in the sump to pump some oil around the engine.

If it were me, I would just fill it up and go on my merry way, but I can see the argument for draining the existing oil out, and then adding in a known volume of oil, and double checking that the "Full" mark on the dipstick is, in fact, full.

I hear you on the pricey fuel solenoid, (The Deutz fuel solenoid is even pricier.) and I wonder if there are 3rd party substitutes available. 45-60 seconds of run on would get old quickly for me, but YMMV...

All the best,

Peter

/ Gas in my Oil.
MossRoad, the fuel cutoff solenoid does not work. I have never messed with the idle setting.
I wouldn't know what to do with the intake valves or timing setting.

Ponytug, looks like I am going to take your advice. I'll drain oil again. Make sure amount called for is put in and give it a shot!

Does anyone have a pic of their Oil Dip Stick? I would like to see where the rubber is positioned on the steel rod.