Gas Leak

/ Gas Leak #1  

cperky

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 1025r with 120r front end loader, Hustler zero turn mower
The metal fuel tank on my trx 250 (1984) is leaking at the bottom. Does anyone have a cheap repair for this. Can I use jb weld on a fuel tank? The atv is not worth much but it still runs and sometimes it is nice to have an extra ride. Any suggestions appreciated.

Chris

/ Gas Leak #2  
The metal fuel tank on my trx 250 (1984) is leaking at the bottom. Does anyone have a cheap repair for this. Can I use jb weld on a fuel tank? The atv is not worth much but it still runs and sometimes it is nice to have an extra ride. Any suggestions appreciated.

Chris

I have seen people use jb-weld on the metal tanks before...and it works great.

What they did was take the tank off, and clean the area good....let it set a couple days.

/ Gas Leak #3  
i agree..... i fixed a couple with good'ol JB...just like 4300 said let it sit for a coulpe days before puttin' gas in it.....

/ Gas Leak
Thanks guys! I was hoping to hear someone had tried it before! I ll fix her up this weekend.

Chris

/ Gas Leak #5  
I just used jb weld on a metal lawnmower tank, and it is holding. BTW, I noticed that the local auto parts places sell a variety of gas tank sealants that are about the same price if you don't already have some jb weld on hand.